Copper Vs. Hanger?

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I know it shouldn't matter, but I have two sets of dowsing rods. My first set is the set I made out of matching coat hangers, the second set I bought commercially and they are thicker and made out of copper.

The demensions of the hanger ones are 10 cm by 40 cm, and the copper ones have about 30 cm by 15 cm.

But I seem to get better results from the hangers, for simple dowsing like walking over underground pipes and objects under ground, where on things like map dowsing and the dowsing with one rod in one hand striaght out and turn 360 degrees, I get better results with the copper.

Is there a cause for this or is it just my immagination, I haven't done as extensive practice on map dowsing with the hanggers...or really the 360 technique, but over all I just don't feel as comfortable with the copper rods.

Any comment?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The first set of rods I had were made from brazing rod. The handles were to short and were to long. I have made a lot of rods, some with swing handle and some not. I always end up back with the first rods. Why..I guess they just feel better...Art

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Hi gold lilly, the rod you are showing is called a bobber. An 18 to 20 inch of light weight flexible spring type wire and and tape a nut on the end. If you have the right balance of weight, it will bob up and down when over a target. I notice that you are in the Philippines. I have studied that area for quite a while and the Japs didnt get all the Jesuit treasures.There is much evidence there of gold mining and caching close to the old Jesuit Missions. Dont bother bying an expensive rod, dowsing is in the mind not a fancy piece of equipment.

OP
OP
Sandsted

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I thought "bobber" was just another name for a wand. Which is just a flexible stick. You hold the thiner end and hold it at an angle in front of you, and it will start to bob or twitch back and forth or up and down when over the object you desire.

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Sandsted, A bobber is a dowsing rod that bobs up and down, hence its name. In other words any contraption that bobs up and down, whatever the dezign.

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Sandsted, A bobber is a dowsing rod that bobs up and down, hence its name. In other words any contraption that bobs up and down, whatever the dezign.

OP
OP
Sandsted

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah, so you could use the wand in the same manner you were reffering to with your "bobber".

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
The most sensistive rods I had were made of sweet iron. Boy were they hot. Mostley I ise brass rods. Bill

OP
OP
Sandsted

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I just use one rod, made from 1/8 inch diameter welding rod. Cut the rod down to 17 inches, and bend at about 6. That's it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions