CopperHoarder Penny Log.

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
This will be a log of the Pennies I've gone through :tongue3:. I've been CRH Pennies for a few weeks now, I've only been doing $25.00 - $50.00 at a time. Keeping ALL of the >1982. Which are 90-95% Copper. I currently have 50 Lbs of Copper which I'm very proud to have. :) I keep my Copper Pennies in a Bucket for now. Which I'll end up having to use a different object to hold them all. I get my Pennies from my Village Bank.. I've probably gone through $200.00 worth of Pennies. The Tellers enjoy getting me the coins, and they also like to talk about what I've found, what they have, and what their Grandparents Collected. I'm hoping to get a bit of money saved up so I can get boxes of Silver Halves. But until then I'll stick to Pennies.

I am a new user of this website so I'll try and make this thread look a little neater lol and also I would appreciate any suggestions on where I should get Pennies. Other than the Bank I'm currently going to. I have not asked for CWR yet.. suggestions on those would be appreciated :D.

Also am wondering if I should buy Silver Bars in the Ounces if I have a bit of money on hand, or if I should just get Halves and try to find them that way. Thanks for reading this post away I will appreciate it VERY MUCH.

What I've gotten is listed below in my Signature. I will Update it on this main part once I get some more loads of Pennies after Christmas. Happy Holidays :)

EDIT: Picking up 8 Rolls of Halves at the bank in the morning. Going through them, then going back in to exchange for $75.00 (3 boxes) of pennies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet, CH! I recently started saving the coppers out of my pocket change. I was surprised at how many there are! I'll be following your thread. Good luck, Skeeterd

OP
OP
C

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys :) Been watching videos of people finding Silver in Halves. Can't wait for Christmas Money ;p

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
CopperHoarder said:
Thanks guys :) Been watching videos of people finding Silver in Halves. Can't wait for Christmas Money ;p

Go for it!!! Searching cents are great because you will almost always find something!!!

Happy hunting and happy holidays!!!

hellzpriest

Nov 6, 2012
I started with pennies myself, i eaited til i saved $100 is copper and sold for $150-$175. N used that money to buy some silver. :) ill follow your thread too. Love penny finds. HH! and Merry Christmas!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I started with pennies, and still throw In a few boxes when I can!
Nothing better then them wheaties :)
Happy hunting!
Wickaboag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread