Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my first "finds" post!!!!

We spent a week in Coralla on the Outer Banks of NC and I went out with my Spectra V3 every day. I've only had it out twice before and I am new to detecting so I didn't have it tuned correctly to go deep and I'm sure I missed some stuff but the haul was very cool none the less. Coins are all modern, totaling $4.78 (only have to find that much 272 more times to pay off the Spectra :P ). The Leatherman is a C2 Juice model with little corrosion on the tools themselves, most of it is on the handle. The phone is a Motorola (didn't look at the model) with an 8 gb Micro SD card in it that still works after having been run over on the drive on beach and buried. 2 3 ounce fishing weights and one 2 ounce with a full rig attached hooks and all. The matchbox is a 1999 Chevy Silverado. I'm not sure what the long rod is that is wrapped in plastic. All I know is it is solid aluminum.

I hope to take the Spectra out again soon now that I've done some more reading on how to tune it. Really looking forward to my first silver. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• OBX Treasure.jpg
    OBX Treasure.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 737
Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That leatherman's tool is a good find! :thumbsup:
Not too bad for having only been out a few times. The V3 is a good machine.

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i really gotta bring the detector down to the beach, Im tired of always having to pay for my surf fishing weights! :icon_thumleft:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trokair said:
Here is my first "finds" post!!!!

We spent a week in Coralla on the Outer Banks of NC and I went out with my Spectra V3 every day. I've only had it out twice before and I am new to detecting so I didn't have it tuned correctly to go deep and I'm sure I missed some stuff but the haul was very cool none the less. Coins are all modern, totaling $4.78 (only have to find that much 272 more times to pay off the Spectra :P ). The Leatherman is a C2 Juice model with little corrosion on the tools themselves, most of it is on the handle. The phone is a Motorola (didn't look at the model) with an 8 gb Micro SD card in it that still works after having been run over on the drive on beach and buried. 2 3 ounce fishing weights and one 2 ounce with a full rig attached hooks and all. The matchbox is a 1999 Chevy Silverado. I'm not sure what the long rod is that is wrapped in plastic. All I know is it is solid aluminum.

I hope to take the Spectra out again soon now that I've done some more reading on how to tune it. Really looking forward to my first silver. Fingers crossed.

not ,to some gold before ... :wink:
H

OP
OP
Trokair

Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not ,to some gold before ... :wink:
H

If bottle caps were worth anything as scrap I'd probably be halfway there. Gold would be awesome too :D

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a good start and you're digging the right signals! :notworthy:

You won't have to wait too long before those silver & gold rings start to show up! :thumbsup:

Best of luck to you Trokair,
Dave

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul , was curious though where you on a public beach ? I thought it was illegal to hunt the beach's in N.C since they found black beards wreck thats why I havent traveled that way to detect the sands ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread