Corolla Beach - Help

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm heading back to Corolla Beach on the outer banks the week after Easter. Are there any local T-Netters in that area or T-Netters that have hunted there before that can recommend where to hunt. I've had luck with modern finds at the public beach behind the Food Lion and I've heard of older finds north of there. I figured I would throw it out there and see what everyone has to say. I really have to get down there during the winter after a nice big storm.

Happy hunting

NJ

I go to Corolla a few times a year. I usuall go up on the 4WD beach to the north and hunt those beaches. I also head back in towards the sound back in the swampy area, I have found lots of old bottles as well as coins from the early 1900s back in there. Go before it gets hot though, the black flies are murder in the summer. You need a 4WD to get up on that beach. Good Luck!

apiratelooks@40 said:
I go to Corolla a few times a year. I usuall go up on the 4WD beach to the north and hunt those beaches. I also head back in towards the sound back in the swampy area, I have found lots of old bottles as well as coins from the early 1900s back in there. Go before it gets hot though, the black flies are murder in the summer. You need a 4WD to get up on that beach. Good Luck!

Thanks...I do have a 4-WD and I've driven up to the VA border fence before but I have never detected up there.

heres the one i found last year

Attachments

• 1643 coin back side  1.jpg
    1643 coin back side 1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 1643 coin back side  1.jpg
    1643 coin back side 1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 305
scooterl said:
heres the one i found last year

Thanks...If I recall wasn't this coin like two feet deep in the sand up by the fence?

Happy Easter NJ. We need to know, how is Corolla treating you?

habs

eathabs said:
Happy Easter NJ. We need to know, how is Corolla treating you?

habs

We are enjoying our time down here but there is way too much sand on the beach. It looks to be 3 or 4 feet higher then normal so the targets are far and few between. I found one Scovill Navy Button that looks rather new. I hope it is better when you come down.

NJ

At least you are at the beach :thumbsup: Looks like you may have some thunderstorms later today. Get out there and look for the cuts.

Any plans to head down the beach?

Best of luck to you!!

habs

Habs,
I did get out one more time yesterday in between the rain but nothing except a fishing weight. Since the weather did not look good for today I left last night so I could get home and start my projects around the house a day earlier. Next time I'll find something amazing...

Did you see the East India Company coin that apiratelooks@40 found? I have never found anything really old down in NC but it is finds like this that keep me looking....Congrats again pirate.

NJ

Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. I did see the East India coin. Makes you wonder how it got there.

habs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back