Coronet Cent and 1798 Draped Bust Large Cent Found Today

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I found this Coronet cent and 1798 Draped Bust large cent today at our new site.

Day1_IL 003.JPG
Day1_IL 007.JPG

Here is part of a candle wick trimmer that was dug.

Day1_IL 009.JPG
Day1_IL 011.JPG

Here are all of the relics dug today.

Day1_IL 016.JPG

Upvote 0

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
hogge said:
Great finds as usual Kyle ;D. I'm waiting to see the Flowing Hair silver or Chain Cent from you guys! :o. Congrats...and keep em' comin'..........The Hogge :headbang:
As for the Flowing hair silver and Chain cent...Stay tuned my good man :wink:
Chris

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Great finds as usual Kyle!..........and like Hogge said about the Flowing Hair and Chain Cent, with that many coppers and period relics coming out it seems like just a matter of time that something REALLY special pops for one of you guys!

The Coronet has me interested.........seems like a very poor strike on the left side of the obverse and date.......I don't think it's worn that way, especially when all of the stars on the right are clearly visible and the reverse matches up the same way as the obverse..........cool!

HH all!

Greg

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great outing by you guys! Looks like you have another great site!

I look forward to seeing next weeks edition!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff! :headbang:

I like the candle snuffer piece. :) It's a find you don't see frequently.

-Buck

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I was doing some research last night and found out that there may be another Colonial dwelling on this farm. It is just going to take more detective work prior to knowing for sure.

We'll be heading back next Sunday in search of more coins and relics. I can see those greenies popping out! :headbang:

We are currently at 51 coppers for the year; we are halfway to our goal of 100 for the 2009 season!

Kyle

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find WTG :icon_thumleft:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there Kyle. :thumbsup: Glad to see the coppers are jumping out of the ground for you. Your research :read2: never ceases to amaze me bro. :notworthy: Keep up the good work.

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Great finds again Kyle.......congrats!! :icon_thumright:

How bout sendin' some of them large cents a little to the south..........I'm still lookin' for my first!!

Dave

sonny61

Sep 9, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Prizm 4, Surfmaster ll
congrats. You boys in Pa. know how to find those old sites and milk them for everything there. Sonny

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you're just cherry picking those high tones. :laughing7: Where's the buttons!

I'm going to go get me a good button right now! I know one will come out so even if my buddy digs it I'll get a pic later. Chances are it will be a 3rd NY! ;D

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
Looks like you're just cherry picking those high tones. :laughing7: Where's the buttons!

I'm going to go get me a good button right now! I know one will come out so even if my buddy digs it I'll get a pic later. Chances are it will be a 3rd NY! ;D

Only the buttons know where they are at. :laughing9: Since this dwelling burned down in 1955, the site is loaded with modern day trash. I was indeed cherry picking the other day, but once we start draining a majority of the high-end readings, we are, of course, going to dig the lower readings. :icon_thumright: I did dig quite a bit of low readings on Sunday, but all of them turned out to be can slaw and pulltabs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread