Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heard the most unusual, highest, most shrill sound on a target I have heard to date.
Foil, tab, and silver. Had to dig this sound, even though the VID said 8 plus inches.
Dug as deep as my pin pointer and pulled out a huge nail.
That nail didn't sound like any target I had ever heard before. One tone? Real world? Ha!

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heard the most unusual, highest, most shrill sound on a target I have heard to date.
Foil, tab, and silver. Had to dig this sound, even though the VID said 8 plus inches.
Dug as deep as my pin pointer and pulled out a huge nail.
That nail didn't sound like any target I had ever heard before. One tone? Real world? Ha!

The bad news is.. most all machines will false on big deep iron.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My one tone Cibola has found two gold coins, several gold rings, Civil War buckles and plates, silver reales, cannon balls, musket balls and a partridge in a pear tree. Now, in a very trashy park, it will have issues with aluminum. But I don't use it in a trashy park. One tone is fine. Too many tones will make you go blind.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I found that kind of strange. I had iron discriminated out.
So I am guessing this is where a low tone would have been nice. Wouldn't have probably dug it. I figured with the extraordinary shrill sound, figured it was something large or something really special. Not.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I found that kind of strange. I had iron discriminated out.
So I am guessing this is where a low tone would have been nice. Wouldn't have probably dug it. I figured with the extraordinary shrill sound, figured it was something large or something really special. Not.

"Old" rusted nails that have been in the ground for a long time ring up as good stuff on all my detectors. I wont debate halo affects, but that old nail being encrusted simulates a dime or quarter almost every time. If it's close to the surface, you might be able to discern a change by swinging from both 90 degree directions, but I always dig.

Square nails havent been really produced and used for a 100 years iirc. And that's actually a good reason to dig a square nail, tells you a little about the site.

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi if I could just say, I have run the multitone Safari and the minelab se, both these machines drove me mad,
They did find lots, but tones and pinpointing forget it, clearly some of you get on with them.
So back to tesoro single tones and loving it!!!
The Cortes pinpoints bang on and the sum mode is really helpful.
Single tones tesoro machines sure do tell you a lot when you hit a Target.
There is something special about them so everyone should try a tesoro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions