Cortes VS Golden Umax

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
westerntreasurehunter said:
I am looking to buy another detector, and the Cortes and Umax catch my eye. I like the target id feature of the Cortes, but why is the Golden a better value for the price? ???owners please comment...

Westerntreasurehunter,

Humm? Not sure what you mean by...."Golden a better value for the price".... both of those detectors are coin machines and have tone ID, but the Cortes has way more features. I think value for the money they are about equal. If a detectorist did not want or use the additional features then of course the less expensive detector would be a better value for THAT person. Joe

OP
OP
westerntreasurehunter
Jul 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Thanks joe, i just read over what i wrote and i meant to simply ask which one was the better value, and you answered my question. Does the Cortes go a couple inches deeper then the Golden?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
westerntreasurehunter ,

The Cortes goes 1"-2" deeper than The Golden. The DeLeon and the Golden are about equal in depth depending on your soil. The detection circuitry in the Cortes and DeLeon are the same, but the Cortes has manual ground balance so it goes deeper. Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread