Cortez and the Clean Sweep

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I got my cleansweep coil from Joe Thursday and knew I had to try that big ole boy out. Goio and I hit a beach east of Gary Saturday. This was really the first outing since last fall and I was ready to find it all. LOL. We hit the beach, me with the Big C and Goio with his Minelab SE. I swung that big ole coil for a while then changed arms and swung some more. The beach was really clean. There was very little trash and unfortunately very few coins. When I did hit a coin the tones were clear and with Joe's tutorial I could pinpoint to within 2 inches. Deepest target was a dime at 7 inches. I can tell that I will be using that coil ALOT! It allows you to cover so much ground. The thing I like the most is that it sings out just as loud on the heal as it does the middle and toe. After giving up on the beach we went to lunch then to a school that was built in 1910. It still had the playground equipment from what looked like the 40s. I changed coils back to the standard and went to swinging. OH MY GOODNESS!! There was a TON of iron there. Apparently they had filled the yard with iron slag and for the life of me I couldnt get a signal that wasnt masked by iron. I even turned my discrim to the right of pulltabs and still was getting iron hits. Greg wasnt having any better luck with his SE so we called it a day.

My thoughts on the clean sweep is if you have areas that are large and you wanna clean um out get a clean sweep. Parks, school yards,(not full of iron) soccer fields etc will be checked in no time. TMAN...

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I'm loving mine. :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a trick to pinpointing with the CSC. When you get a target, wiggle the coil back and forth as you pull it toward you. When the sound disappears, slowly slide the coil forward till ya hear the beep. The target is just off the tip. I liked using the toe instead of the heel as when you use it, you can get another sound from a new target.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread