Could any one respond this question?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Each city and state is different in that respect. Some states allow no metal detecting in state parks, others will allow it as long as you get a permit from them. Many cities allow metal detecting in their city parks while others do not. I would contact the city you want to detect in and ask them the rules they have for metal detecting their parks. You might try their public works department and see what they have to say. Certainly do not detect if it is posted not to though. :wink:

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
State parks in Texas are off limits. City parks vary. I go with the play it dumb(detect till your asked to leave) and have never had any trouble in city or county parks. Corp of engineer parks are ok to detect in certain areas like beaches, or non manacured, non historic ares. Parks that belong to the LCRA are for the most part off limits. The difference betwteen state and city parks, or for any parks is who owns the property and maintains them. By the way national parks are forbidden as well. Remember be curtious and always fill you holes. I always carry some of the trash I dig or glass I pick up to show that I'm not just a taker, but I'm helping to clean the park also.

OP
OP
searchingforfun

searchingforfun

Greenie
Oct 12, 2008
Houston
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Thank you, I will contact the city of Houston's office to request a list of city parks where metal detectors are allowed, and thanks for the tip of the bag to disposal the trash found during the detection. :thumbsup:

ICE

Greenie
Jul 11, 2008
I have found that most State Parks are off limits some allow hunting but no digging (Indiana) and National Parks Vary as some allow it in Previously disturbed area's. I called Daniel Boone National Parks Rangers they said OK in previously disturbed area's in the off season with their permission I figured he meant winter. I intent to go out there in December. Ice

OP
OP
searchingforfun

searchingforfun

Greenie
Oct 12, 2008
Houston
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Yesterday I went to Galveston beach to MD but we only found a stop sign :stop:, several pull tabs, aluminum foil, seven pennies, and one rusty nail.

I think the sand was very dirty, but it was fun, I think the next time we will try again near to Conroe Lake.

:D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sounds like fun to me!! That stop sign is something I have never found....dug up a section of tin roof last weekend but no stop sign! lol Have a great time out there, that is what it is all about! :thumbsup:

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
If you went to Galveston and only found one rusty nail,you are not looking in the right places. Especially after Ike. The place is overrun with them. HH Gayle

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Bolivar is the spot not because of the damage but because there was a fort where the ferry lands (on the beach side), and its got a clay base, all the sand is striped off now.

Naughty

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks, the next time I will visit Bolivar Peninsula, and them I will check out a ranch in Rosenberg TX, a friend has 100 acres over there. we will see them.

Thanks to all again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread