Could be a future market for these

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll keep my percolator:thumbsup:

There will probably be some type of hack to get around this. However, I do believe the Version one kuerig prices will spike at least short term .

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Stupid marketing at it's finest. Do they want to sell coffee makers or high priced coffee ? Making your product limited to using only one brand of cup, cartridge, accessory, etc. is shooting yourself in the foot. How many of you old timers remember Beta VCR tapes ?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stupid marketing at it's finest. Do they want to sell coffee makers or high priced coffee ? Making your product limited to using only one brand of cup, cartridge, accessory, etc. is shooting yourself in the foot. How many of you old timers remember Beta VCR tapes ?

I would have thought the original premise was stupid. It costs twice as much for 1 k-cup than what it costs me to brew a whole pot. They (Green Mountain Coffee/Keurig) have made a killing in a relatively short amount of time though.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Very interesting.

When I first heard about these coffee makers, I thought "that is going to be about as successful as a screen door on a submarine."

Then I rethought the whole notion. "The rich people will love it, but they are going to pay through the nose for coffee", I thought.

The next thing I know, everyone on my Facebook feed is exploding with enthusiasm over those things, and not a one of them are rich, as far as I know.

It just goes to show that if you simplify something to the nth degree, and charge an outrageous price for it, people will flock to your product.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting.

When I first heard about these coffee makers, I thought "that is going to be about as successful as a screen door on a submarine."

Then I rethought the whole notion. "The rich people will love it, but they are going to pay through the nose for coffee", I thought.

The next thing I know, everyone on my Facebook feed is exploding with enthusiasm over those things, and not a one of them are rich, as far as I know.

It just goes to show that if you simplify something to the nth degree, and charge an outrageous price for it, people will flock to your product.

These are the same people who pay $4 for a cup of burnt coffee at Starbucks.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I'll stick with my instant Maxwell House. Been drinking it for 30 years. It's always hot, always tastes the same.. Wife has a Keurig but we buy some decent tasting really cheap brand of cups at the local flea market. $20 buys 5 boxes of 18 cups per box.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread