Could someone please, what is it?

How Lucky

Jul 14, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this used for? Measures 6" X 5". Appears to be made to hang from a wall.

Pat.d July 4th 1899 pic1.JPGPat.d July 4th 1899 pic2.JPGPat.d July 4th 1899 pic3.JPGPat.d July 4th 1899 pic4.JPG

the writing on the side should give you an Idea In a Search What does it say Chug

How Lucky, Dang man, this took about an hour of my imagination to find this thing, but it is a cast iron and wood swing arm wall mount clothes dryer. Actually, just the wall mount part of it. This intact example was listed for $115.wall mounted clothes hanger 1.jpgwall mounted clothes hanger 2.jpgwall mounted clothes hanger 3.jpgwall mounted clothes hanger 4.jpg

Last edited:
Cool little pisce of history!!

Great find and great ID, too bad you didn't find the other piece.

Thanks KG! Was stumped on that one.

Holy Cow! I have the other piece! I'll have to go find it in my junk pile. I'll post a pic when I find it.

Last edited:
Found It!
Clothes Drying Rack Wall Mount  1.JPGClothes Drying Rack Wall Mount 2.JPG

The main part reads. Patd. July 4th 1899.

The main part reads. Patd. July 4th 1899.

Right. The listing mentioned the patent date of 1899, but you can't see it in the pictures. Can't believe you have the other iron hardware. Very cool. I'd never seen one of these before.

I never had any foggy idea that would be part of a clothes dryer. Man, times were sure simpler then.

I never had any foggy idea that would be part of a clothes dryer. Man, times were sure simpler then.

Neither did I, BosnMate. I just kept plugging in guesses, you wouldn't believe how many. I think I ventured some kind of hanger, and something similar popped up, then I narrowed it down. I couldn't believe the exact item showed up. Got a twinge of pleasure from it, actually. Glad I could help solve Lucky's puzzle.

Very cool relic! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back