Couldn't Resist!

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here it was 7:00 A.M., sitting at my computer wondering what I wanted to do on the first day of the new year, I had no intention to metal detect. The wife was still in bed and that overwhelming thought hammered my brain. The old court house is closed today, no ones going to be around on a holiday, I won't get an over two hour parking ticket. I won't have to listen to the wife's 'yapper' until I return home. So, I made the :15 minute trip to the courthouse (Est. 1823).

Not long into the hunt my Garrett Carrot started acting up, so it was pinpointing by MD coil and sight. One of my first digs below at about 8 inches got me all excited. It had a beautiful green patina all over it and it looked like a large pill box. No problem trying to locate and pinpoint this thing. Pulled it out of the ground and shook it. Wow, something is rattling inside it. Had my mind on what's in there for the rest of the hunt.

G.W. Gail.JPG

To my surprise and disappointment it's a sampler cigarette holder from; G.W. Gail & Ax Tobacco, Baltimore, MD. Probably very early 1900's.

Awful muddy and cloudy but got a couple of silvers anyway, a 1941-D Mercury and 62-D Rosie. Surprised to get an almost completely wiped Indian, can barely make out 'one cent' on the reverse.

1-1-19 Finds.JPG

It's a start for the new year anyway...

Upvote 26
Nice old coins and relics! :occasion14:

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Nice finds! Silver and a cool relic! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Nice job funny post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back