Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These two arenā€™t winning any beauty contests, ended up with time this afternoon and nice weather so I went out and hit a spot with a fine tooth comb. Been a long time since Iā€™ve crawled through a spot but it paid off, guess persistence works.

First one is either an odd knife or an abandoned point, my insitu is staged since I wasnā€™t expecting it to be anything but I tried to get it back how it was
IMG_7761.jpeg
IMG_7762.jpeg

IMG_7730.jpeg
IMG_7734.jpeg
IMG_7735.jpeg
IMG_7738.jpeg
IMG_7742.jpeg
IMG_7745.jpeg

Second one would have been a great eye spy but unfortunately my phone had died at that point but it was laying with similar shaped leaves all kind of up on pedestals under a log itā€™s a scraper I assume and coincidentally I think itā€™s that same material posted in that artifact show post
IMG_7731.jpeg
IMG_7747.jpeg
IMG_7748.jpeg
IMG_7751.jpeg
IMG_7755.jpeg
IMG_7757.jpeg

And lastly I picked up all the flakes just in case something was the edge of a point but goes to show the material scattered in the dirt
IMG_7760.jpeg

Upvote 11
OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a pretty good site, nice work!
I think it is a good site the trick is the heavy vegetation and thick leaves. I originally found it when a tree fell and exposed a big root ball. Lately A guy has been cutting wood and has created pathways where I can see the ground better and itā€™s produced a lot of flakes broken tools and a few complete artifactsā€¦ still a lot of it is hidden and would probably take some sifting to get at the artifacts

I need a good rain to move some dirt before it greens up in the spring.

IMG_7765.jpeg

Hereā€™s a look at the spot itā€™s usually pretty Wooly but heā€™s cleared a lot out, but I suspect there will be lots of grass and weeds before I know it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread