Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I just had to get out as the weather was nice today. Headed out for my 'ol standby soccer field, didn't care if all I dug was clad. Nice surprise as my first dig was a '43 S merc. A silver rosie rounded out the day and made silver #30 from this sports field, over the last couple years. Also found the padlock there today.
Whats really odd is that I've never dug a single ring on this field.
On the way home, I noticed the village had just put in new sewer pipe along the railroad tracks. I saw broken glass and decided to investigate. Dozens of broken bottles, a couple broken inkwells, insulators, lots of corktop medicines, all broken, they must have dug through an old dump. I did score one undamaged keeper.

HH, ffd

Attachments

• IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2546.JPG
    IMG_2546.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2550.JPG
    IMG_2550.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 103

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds. I'm rather partial to the padlock and relics like that. You just don't see the ornate designs and passion that goes into creating something in this day and age; just take a look at the bottle. Sounds like that soccer field has been quite good to you over the years. This week's weather is suppossed to be much cooler so I hope that you are able to take advantage and get out there more. HH

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like that field has been good to you over the years and it still is giving up some good stuff , like the bottle. Congrats on the finds....

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like pulling shiny Silver from the ground! :headbang: Congrats D - you are the best! Love the bottle too

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bunch of great stuff D! love that bottle, it's a beauty. glad you were able to score a couple more silvers out of that place, wow. That lock is pretty sweet too, congrats on some nice stuff!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver, D. Love the lock and bottle too! :icon_thumleft: Glad you got out.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread