Couple MN specific tags

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted these a few days ago, figured I would throw them up here! Since they are more MN specific, its a long shot but maybe someday someone might identify them! Juuuust maybe. Take a look!

I found this tag in Shovel Lake Township, just north of Windy lake, bout a mile south of the Willow River and Soo Line Trail.
SAM_0340.JPG
I'm assuming that it has to do with the railroad, maybe a shipping tag or something? Anyways, what I do know is "REMER.MINN." is a nearby town. and "SOO." I'm sure is referring to the railroad that used to run North of the location it was found. I'm not sure what "R.D.FLOOD." means. either a persons' name, or it could actually be referring to a flood. I just don't know. Any thoughts?!???

This tag was found near the same location. The top line you cannot see due to it being dented. It reads: "V&R.L.CO"
SAM_0343.JPG
What I do know, or believe I know... haha. Is that "V&R.L.CO" is Virginia and Rainy Lake Co. I do not know much about the company itself besides the fact it was a logging operation. I think it went broke or something in the 20s? Just don't know! Any Ideas what it may have been for?

Last edited:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Zee, the oval tag might be a shipping tag to a company.....if it were to an individual, I don't think the middle initial would have been used. The round tag has me stumped. If it were a tool tag, the number wouldn't be that high....and the 'B'? Don't know. I suggest that you visit a museum near you.....they can help you. For the last 20 yrs or so, I have close ties to our museum (Stearns County) in which anything I find that might be historical, they normally identify. I have also donated some items to that museum that they didn't know existed.

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oval tag I also believe may have been a shipping tag. As for the second one, I do know that company had several trains and large pieces of equipment, so It could very well be from one of those, or possibly even just a marker on a post to number a logging area? Anyways, my grandpa is a bit of an antiques dealer in the Motley area so I think I'll let him take a look first. If no success there your probably right that my best bet would be a museum.

Thank you for the reply!

~Zach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions