Couple of hunts, nothing stupendous

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey gang,

Just wanted to post the last couple hunts before I head out to NY State to return my grandkids to their Mom. Hope to get a little metal detecting while I'm there visiting relatives.

The first pic I took on the way to the first hunt. There are a couple deer in it if you can see them...they were all over that morning!

2007_0720Image0037.JPG

The next pic is stuff I found on 7/20.

Coins7-20.jpg

The kids at a park playground.

2007_0723Image0039.JPG

Next pic is grampa Prober doing the usual.

2007_0723Image0042.JPG

Next one is some of the trinkets. The ring is really beat up as it was found in the pea gravel at one of the schools. The dollar coin rang up as a quarter so I was pleasantly surprised. Another 1964 nickel! I sure find a lot of them!

Coins7-24.jpg

Grandson Hunter using Grampa's old Radio Shack arrow finder (that's the only thing I ever used it for).

2007_0723Image0040.JPG

Plan to be in NY state at least 3 days but I'm planning to play that by ear. Going to stay at my Uncle's house so the only expense will be gas & food. Gonna e mail a guy I talked to here on TN that lives near there and see if we can't arrange a hunt. He mentioned that he was uncomfortable about MDing in the nearby city because of the gangs, maybe if he doesn't have to go alone he'd be more comfortable. Wish me luck guys, I'm going to be looking for some OLD stuff along the old Erie Canal. I'll catch up with you in a couple weeks.

Stay safe.

Upvote 0

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoy your trip and those beautiful grandbabies! Stay safe and looking forward to seeing your finds in a few weeks.

R

RUDY2003

Great post Prober! Nice to have company. My grandkids are a little too young yet....
Be safe and have a good trip buddy....

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Prober,

neat post.

Have a good trip; hope you run across
some good areas.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice collection of finds, and it's really great that the kids are getting into it too. Way to go, and enjoy your trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread