Couple of my recent trips (one dredging, one panning)

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Lets see, first up I went and got permission to pan a new spot. Spent about 2 hours there and shot this video:

Then the week of my birthday (oct 6) I asked off a couple days from work and went to Thermal City to dredge for 2 days and camp overnight.

The first day I didnt get much footage because I couldnt find a good spot and spent most of the day sampling. Towards dark on the first day I finally found a good spot so I dredged it all day the next day. Also my camera had some issues so I ended up mostly only using the go pro and not my main camera. I had intended to do a lot more video but once I was on the gold, the fever kicked in and I just couldnt stop dredging to video.

Anyway hope you guys enjoy.

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Astro and Happy Birthday a bit late! I've noticed your absence here and was pleased this morning to see your post. The new creeks on the gentleman's property look interesting though as usual it will take work to locate the best location but you did find gold and almost right off, way to go.

The pan from Thermal was Nice! Thank you for the video's, the gold and for sharing! Best of success to you.........................63bkpkr

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always enjoy your videos Astro...thanks for taking the time to share them.

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks guys, been busy with work and the huskies, hardly any time to play lately. And now today when I was all set to shoot some more video, my main camera broke which makes it camera number 6 to die this year. So who knows when I will get another video up but I am glad you guys enjoy em, thats what keeps me doing it mostly.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: Astro is akin to the ever readybunny as he takes a lickn"(6 cameras dead) and just keeps on a tickn' (filming) tons a au 2 u 2-John

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video's as always Astro! I don't get out near as often as I would like to since the closest place to "really" prospect is 4+ hrs away. Keep up the great work!!

On another note, I will not be able to make it up to Thermal again this season. I plan on being there opening weekend 2014. If you are planning on going there opening weekend, I would like to meet up with you and meet the "King of Thermal City". My wife will still have classes going on at that time so i will be heading that way alone. PM me if interested on meeting up there and ill shoot you some other infor on that.

Thanks again for the Video's! Again, good knowlege and great from learning from others ventures.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice thing having all that water, even better when its got gold in it.
Have fun goodluck.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread