Telford, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter 505

Attachments

• 20141229_180746.jpg
    20141229_180746.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 7
Welcome to T NET...what method of pin pointing are you using?...I center the target and then move the coil backwards and when the signal drops, the target is just inside the front center of the coil.

Hello Biloyp,

Welcome to the forum!

I use (one of a few) the method as described by Lookindown, you could also use rear of the coil. Another method is the “DD wiggle”, I use this to separate trash from treasure then isolate the target I have an interest in digging. Another way is the 90 degree – 90 degree (X – pattern). Lastly, you could use the “flip-up” the coil method and use the tip to locate the target. The AT Pro has a very good Pin Point function, make a test bed in your yard and practice various methods. With practice you will become proficient at one or more of the Pin Pointing techniques.

Happy Hunting,

Hello Biloyp,

Welcome to the forum!

I use (one of a few) the method as described by Lookindown, you could also use rear of the coil. Another method is the “DD wiggle”, I use this to separate trash from treasure then isolate the target I have an interest in digging. Another way is the 90 degree – 90 degree (X – pattern). Lastly, you could use the “flip-up” the coil method and use the tip to locate the target. The AT Pro has a very good Pin Point function, make a test bed in your yard and practice various methods. With practice you will become proficient at one or more of the Pin Pointing techniques.

Happy Hunting,
Yeah, I use that tight wiggle to "fish" a good target out of the trash too...lots of times Ive got a little chirp of a high tone at a trashy sight and used that tight wiggle to lock on a coin...I circle the target as I wiggle to hit the sweet spot...sometimes you can only hear that coin from one, very small angle as you circle.

Yeah, I use that tight wiggle to "fish" a good target out of the trash too...lots of times Ive got a little chirp of a high tone at a trashy sight and used that tight wiggle to lock on a coin...I circle the target as I wiggle to hit the sweet spot...sometimes you can only hear that coin from one, very small angle as you circle.

I've done that before also!, I feel like this is where the 5x8 coil or sniper coil would come in handy

I am going to set up a spot in the yard and put a coin in the ground and practice the methods mentioned. I am sure with the knowledge on this forum and my practicing will help improve my skill at this. Thanks for all of the help.

I've done that before also!, I feel like this is where the 5x8 coil or sniper coil would come in handy
Yeah, Ive got to get a 5x8 coil for trashy sites like old houses...Ive heard good things about that coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back