Couple things .. and a question

miss_anthrope

Here's the ankh I found over the weekend -
ankh.jpg

wasn't meant to be a gratuitous chest shot, but i didn't feel like taking it off the chain. ::lol::

funky cool silver bracelet marked 925 italy MILOR - tricolor - silver, pink, yellow. found in about a half inch of sand at lake winnepesaukee.
bracelet.jpg

now for my question ..
I've got a pretty crappy, basic digital camera. How to take better pics of anything that reflects light? Can't seem to get a clear pic of the class ring i found over the weekend - Class of 2000, Jacksonville H.S., marked "Matt" on one side, engraved signature inside, Jostens 10k.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW,

nice set of,,, I mean,, nice finds! ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Very nice finds Miss_Anthrope. Thanks for the Gratuitous shot anyway. ?8)
Not sure what camera you use but it may have a macro setting on it. this would appear in the screen as a small flower sometimes in a box.This allows for the close ups. As far as the blurring is concerned it is only because you are to close. I also use a magnifying Glass and sometimes take the picture with it. Good luck and Very nice finds. Good luck trying to locate the Class ring owner. I have actually left messages and the school has left messages but now one has called me back on mine yet.

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Be sure to use the close up function if you have one, and turn your flash off if it is on.

OP
OP
miss_anthrope

miss_anthrope

hey, ignore the background and look at the pretty pendant instead ;)

I've contacted every high school in every city/town named Jacksonville - two had people with the engraved name that graduated in 2000 - Florida and NC, but I was able to find out what colleges they attend, so I'm gonna try and dig up contact info or email addresses to see if one or the other can identify it. :)

Thanks for the camera tips! No scanner, so it's not much of an option for me right now. I think the natural light was a little TOO much though, I took the pictures out in the sunroom, which has glass walls and ceiling, and it's a perfect sunny day with not a cloud in sight. Steady hand? Time for a tripod .. that doesn't exist in this house. 6 kids = a LOT of coffee :D

lets_go

Dec 29, 2004
Wyandotte, Michigan
miss_anthrope said:
hey, ignore the background and look at the pretty pendant instead? ;)

I've contacted every high school in every city/town named Jacksonville - two had people with the engraved name that graduated in 2000 - Florida and NC, but I was able to find out what colleges they attend, so I'm gonna try and dig up contact info or email addresses to see if one or the other can identify it. :)

Thanks for the camera tips! No scanner, so it's not much of an option for me right now. I think the natural light was a little TOO much though, I took the pictures out in the sunroom, which has glass walls and ceiling, and it's a perfect sunny day with not a cloud in sight. Steady hand? Time for a tripod .. that doesn't exist in this house. 6 kids = a LOT of coffee :D

That's what I was talking about. You have a couple of nice items there. :o

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Also a good looking mug shot-LOL. You might think of a little tripod. They make a tabletop model that is only about 6" and takes up very little space. Good luck on your search.

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
well I think I can speak for all of us... WE SURE HOPE YOU KEEP FINDING MORE KNECKLACES!! please keep the back ground the same... we would all appreciate it very much ;D

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Bodacious Finds-- :o
Just a tip,as for the background for good pics, nothing works as good as nice tan skin....Right Fella's??..Sorry, I'm a DOG-- ::) Hope you find LOTS more. And try my professional photo advice.. It works for us anyhoo.. Good Luck and keep on findin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread