tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife just showed me this on her FB. It's from my cousin in Iowa. He lives right on a reservoir south of Des Moines, IA and said some recent flooding unearthed this beauty. Not sure of the size and I don't think he's ever been an avid artifact hunter as long as I've known him and that's been almost all my life. He just might be an artifact hunter now after this find...I think it's time I go see my mom in Iowa for a few days.

Attachments

• cousin gary's arrowhead 041316.jpg
    cousin gary's arrowhead 041316.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,yep he is going to be hooked.oh have you left yet?thanks for sharing

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer maybe with any luck he will give it to you if he doesnt collect. Even better have him show you where he found it might be some others just poking through.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Rock area ?
Correct. My cousin bought a house on the reservoir maybe ten, fifteen years ago?. I've not been there yet either, but next time I go back I defiantly do want to pay him a visit. My folks use to have a place down on Rathbun and an other cousin of mine also found a nice point I was told by my mom some time ago. Sorry for the late reply, I'm just reviewing some old post this morning and saw your question.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice blade.:thumbsup:The flooding everywhere has been bad for a lot of folks:BangHead:, but it sure will bring out the artifacts.:occasion14:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct. My cousin bought a house on the reservoir maybe ten, fifteen years ago?. I've not been there yet either, but next time I go back I defiantly do want to pay him a visit. My folks use to have a place down on Rathbun and an other cousin of mine also found a nice point I was told by my mom some time ago. Sorry for the late reply, I'm just reviewing some old post this morning and saw your question.

I use to find interesting items in the North River bed, it dumps into the Des Moines river just before it hits Red Rock. I still remember it before they put in the dam.
Not to far north of there, there was some Clovis pieces found. They were in the Des Moines Historical Building on display, not sure if they still are or not. We lived maybe 1/2 mile from that site and was easy to get to. Would walk there all the time after school and on week-ends.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread