glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today while taking a quick walk to check out a spot that I dig once or twice a year I stumbled on another small dump I had never seem before For some reason the ground in the area was almost completely bare of leaves and I noticed quite a lot of broken pottery and a small amount old glass The piecie in the picture was off to the side a bit so I did not see it right away Based on old maps I thought there was a dwelling in that area more than 100 years ago Now other than what I now know is 2 small dumps there is no evidence of any buildings .All that is left to read is den & Wilcox and part of ssburg PA .Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could look to see when the piece I found was made Thanks IMG_0385.JPG

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandchip Thanks for the info .I took a quick glance at the website .i will certainly check it out more later .They show some really nice items.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks epackage When I was searching for any info on the the Cowden and Wilcox pottery I did see that short clip about the business they had and a little of it's history .That is quite interesting to me.I will be doing a little bit more searching where I found it There was a lot of good size pieces of pottery laying around maybe I can find enough to just put it back together to have a better idea of what it looked like .As nice as they look I doubt I will ever own any of their items

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread