Not open for further replies.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be no convincing one side the others is right here. We all have our own opinion. Some confuse "Killing" with "Hate", that's not the case in my comments or opinion. I never used that word in conveying my thoughts. Every "domestic" animal has a cousin somewhere in it's lineage and every domestic animal has the capabilities to revert back to natural instincts if necessary or provoked. WE have created domesticated animals for our pleasure, did anyone think maybe those animals didn't want to be domesticated?

@ Number9 Not bashing because no one really knows who people really are on. To the contrary I have a huge sense of adventure. I've logged over 60 days in Alaska and Canada in my lifetime with nothing more than what I could carry on my back and a weapon, sometimes an outback cabin sometimes not. All non guided DIY Adventures. Not bragging but I am proud of it and only wish it was more. Last trip was with my son on a seven day spring black bear hunt in Alaska. His first. Nothing puts you in your real place in this world until you put yourself in a situation where there is nobody to depend on but yourself. Everybody has a different sense of adventure, some more bold than others. But..... they are all still adventures.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as i said before , i do not go into the woods looking to kill a coyote . i do not kill anything without cause or reason . as hunter said i will not convince you to feel different as you will not convince me , all sides feel justified and rightfully so. if we all felt the same and did things the same way it would not lead to Utopia as many believe, it would lead to damnation, the world would end so relish in peoples differences .

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
"...with nothing more than what I could carry on my back and a weapon"
Sounds like a great adventure!

Unless, another man has nothing more than what he can carry on his back and a weapon...
and like you, he's out to kill you first!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Also, I work with a rescue group that helps street dogs from queens NY. These are domestic mixed breed dogs, some that never have been touched by human hands. They absolutely travel in packs. At this point they are mostly scavengers and will and do take small animals. give them another few generations, and you will have the same behavior as coyotes . and these) are mixed breeds of shepherds, labs , and everything in between Some you can bring around , but never would you place them in A home with cats.

Thanks for doing that Holly, its a shame what happens to homeless animals like that.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, OMG Hunter if that's you in your top pic you look alot like my father in law... Only difference is, he likes me.. Lol

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not read all of the replies or will I,but I want to make one fact clear....coyotes will kill any dog...no matter the size if the want to...usually in protection of a den,but they will tag team,and wear the dog down head and heel type tactic,until the dog cant defend and then one(usually the male)will dive in on the throat and death comes quickly...I have witnessed the aftermath and the actual action

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you sing to a starled deer? --soft kitty , warm kitty , little ball of fur, soft kitty , warm kitty, purr ,purr ,purr --

coyotes will eat cats ,small yip, yip type dogs and will take out mild mannered breed dogs like labs and other "pet" dogs -- hunting breeds are a different matter they are bred to fight off coyotes and foxes / wolfs and other pest as well as hunting them down for their owners to shoot .

wild animals can be "cool" to encounter --but they can also be "dangerous" to encounter as well -- encounters can vary wildly --your mileage may differ as they say.

Ahaha

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not read all of the replies or will I,but I want to make one fact clear....coyotes will kill any dog...no matter the size if the want to...usually in protection of a den,but they will tag team,and wear the dog down head and heel type tactic,until the dog cant defend and then one(usually the male)will dive in on the throat and death comes quickly...I have witnessed the aftermath and the actual action

One wolf can kill several coyotes someone saw it happen recorded it and showed me i was amazed but wolves and coyotes never really get along

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One wolf can kill several coyotes someone saw it happen recorded it and showed me i was amazed but wolves and coyotes never really get along

absolutely,the wolf is the "top dog"!!
Like Grizzlies and Black Bears...they do not co-habitate well

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well...this thread has proven some people should not be allowed in the woods without supervision.

....look at Search and Rescue statistics!!!So true!! :laughing7:
Wildlife should not be feared,but should be respected and know that wildlife is capable and will on occasion attack,and sometimes fatally..............yes,even coyotes....that is FACT.I would not be concerned of any coyote in the "wild",either....the urban coyotes like are all over the Los Angeles region....have chocked up MANY human attacks and are to be cautious of

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....look at Search and Rescue statistics!!!So true!! :laughing7:
Wildlife should not be feared,but should be respected and know that wildlife is capable and will on occasion attack,and sometimes fatally..............yes,even coyotes....that is FACT.I would not be concerned of any coyote in the "wild",either....the urban coyotes like are all over the Los Angeles region....have chocked up MANY human attacks and are to be cautious of

I heard that too kuger I also heard they will wait for you to walk out the door packs of them some ppl put fences up b. they fear they will attack them

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup: actually a factual link!!!!Thanks for putting that up.........I am quite familiar with several of those attacks mentioned,and although there are many non-lethal means(techniques/devices)utilized in protection of livestock,there are still loss's......to point these are accepted and prior accounted for,but sometimes these loss's can exceed acceptable thresholds and lethal action must be taken...regardless of any of the propaganda out,predators have to be managed just like all wildlife...that is fact and biologically proven

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that too kuger I also heard they will wait for you to walk out the door packs of them some ppl put fences up b. they fear they will attack them

..............those are generally the very people that fed them and thought it was "cool",or "cute"....not so funny when they want food and you then dont provide...usually some innocent child or unsuspecting jogger,or person walking by

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..............those are generally the very people that fed them and thought it was "cool",or "cute"....not so funny when they want food and you then dont provide...usually some innocent child or unsuspecting jogger,or person walking by

Or like you said expect a child or other ppl to feed them and they will get angry if you dont

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or like you said expect a child or other ppl to feed them and they will get angry if you dont

...no...its not the "children doing the feeding...its people like some on here that think that wild animals like to play,and are so cute and cuddly,makes them get some kind of spiritual mumbo jumbo sense of connection to feed wild animals,then some kid or unfortunate person gets bit.Animals quickly adapt to easy food,and depend on it....when its not givin...they resort to what their instinct tells them...attack and get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread