NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...no...its not the "children doing the feeding...its people like some on here that think that wild animals like to play,and are so cute and cuddly,makes them get some kind of spiritual mumbo jumbo sense of connection to feed wild animals,then some kid or unfortunate person gets bit.Animals quickly adapt to easy food,and depend on it....when its not givin...they resort to what their instinct tells them...attack and get it

Yea yea I know but the coyotes associate that as anyone will feed them think about it like this child; OO LOOK A DOGGY reaches out to pet it
coyote; hi there you have any food? Hey no no stop it I don't want to be touched I want food get away feed me NOO bite

cbankston

Apr 9, 2013
@ Jeff-Gordon, just yell "Jeff Gordon" and they'll die laughing. Sorry just kid'n. He's good at what he does but he's no Tony Stewart lol

Coin_Peeper

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Jeff-Gordon, just yell "Jeff Gordon" and they'll die laughing. Sorry just kid'n. He's good at what he does but he's no Tony Stewart lol

Coin_Peeper
:hello2::notworthy:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
heaven forbid scientist ever say plants have feelings ,, we would starve to death .

This has been said and studied in the past...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome and scary stories! The other day at about 5pm I was out in a field MD and the owls starting doing their hooting back and forth. It was almost comical listening to them and I was shocked as it was broad daylight and usually don't hear that til later on.
Same field either the day before or after had 4 deer decide to go running thru it about 50 feet from me. Again a fun watch, especially the graceful jump over the fence.
Now when I get back to the pasture by this field I am going to have 2 700 lbs calves waiting for me. I met them briefly and was told they wont mind me being there, but I also don't want to spook them with the detector noises. I am so happy there will only be 2 tho, as when I was first told about them coming he had said 20..which sounded crazy for 1 acre lol I had visions of me going to dig and getting trampled.
And then the other day at the local park apparently it was everyone's dog come over and jump on the girl bent down digging lol. 7 dif dogs made sure to barrel into me that day. Many butt rubs were to be had =)
Oh yes and lastly in the yard next to my father in laws garage, 4 snakes were out sunbathing together and that made me very very unhappy.
So far those are my encounters (all within the last month) and I hope it kinda stays that way lol There have been several sightings, including a motion sensor camera photograph of big cats out this way, and I don't want to run into any of them.
HH!!

Metal detecting is certainly a good way to enjoy nature. .........except for the snake part. I can see now that I will probably do more woods and field detecting during cold weather when the snakes are underground. Plus I am going to have to get a good walking stick that will dispense of snakes when necessary.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no close in counter with a four legged beast but last week when I was was out trail building with a local group,one of the helpers ask us why the trail didn't go in a straight line down to the creek.the leader of the group tried to explain to him that it would have caused erosion and that a huge rock was standing in the way.Well "mister know it all" goes walking into the area where the rock was laying and starts to mess with it,he's actually able to pick it up on one side and then it happens,as part of the group can't beleive he can pick it up me & several others start to move back and then the fist hornet comes flying out,followed by about 50 others.by this time myself & a few others are running back to our cars and we here "OUCH,OUCH" comming from behind us.Long story short,he's stung about 5 or 6 times,a trip to the ER for him,and later a sign that reads"danger killer hornets,go around" is posted out there.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no close in counter with a four legged beast but last week when I was was out trail building with a local group,one of the helpers ask us why the trail didn't go in a straight line down to the creek.the leader of the group tried to explain to him that it would have caused erosion and that a huge rock was standing in the way.Well "mister know it all" goes walking into the area where the rock was laying and starts to mess with it,he's actually able to pick it up on one side and then it happens,as part of the group can't beleive he can pick it up me & several others start to move back and then the fist hornet comes flying out,followed by about 50 others.by this time myself & a few others are running back to our cars and we here "OUCH,OUCH" comming from behind us.Long story short,he's stung about 5 or 6 times,a trip to the ER for him,and later a sign that reads"danger killer hornets,go around" is posted out there.

Some people just don't realize that danger lurks under every rock. My grandson wanted me to go with him out in the yard after dark and lift rocks so he could catch bugs. This was down south where black widow spiders were plentiful in our yard. I explained that he couldn't do that because he would get spider bit. I showed him a picture of a black widow and explained that they were poisonous. He insisted and kept bugging me. Finally, I said ok we will take flash lights and a hoe to flip one rock and I am going to prove to you there is a spider under it. Sure enough we went out in the yard and put our lights on a rock. I flipped it over with the hoe and there in front of us was a big black spider with a red hour glass on it.....a black widow which I eliminated. Made a believer out of him. Don't think I need to worry about him carelessly picking up rocks without wondering what might be under them.

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...no...its not the "children doing the feeding...its people like some on here that think that wild animals like to play,and are so cute and cuddly,makes them get some kind of spiritual mumbo jumbo sense of connection to feed wild animals,then some kid or unfortunate person gets bit.Animals quickly adapt to easy food,and depend on it....when its not givin...they resort to what their instinct tells them...attack and get it

I don't recall anyone saying anything about feeding wild animals. It's a death sentence to do so . For coyotes, wolves , and bears that is.

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not read all of the replies or will I,but I want to make one fact clear....coyotes will kill any dog...no matter the size if the want to...usually in protection of a den,but they will tag team,and wear the dog down head and heel type tactic,until the dog cant defend and then one(usually the male)will dive in on the throat and death comes quickly...I have witnessed the aftermath and the actual action

I'm afraid that's not true either. My father in laws dogs make sport out if chasing off coyotes, wolves and bears. They are 12 years old now and never has anything attempted to stand up to them. Course princess is a huge girl, so she probably is larger than even the wolves around.

image-947711252.jpg

That would be me with princess .. You get tbe idea of her size .

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid that's not true either. My father in laws make sport out if chasing off coyotes, wolves and bears. They are 12 years old now and never has anything attempted to stand up to them. Course princess is a huge girl, so she probably is larger than even the wolves around.

View attachment 795647

That would be me with princess .. You get tbe idea of her size .
Is she a Greyhound Holy?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmi...or Holly,or what ever your going by today,dont tell me I am wrong...its wrong and illegal to feed ANY wildlife...why are you defending it if "it wasnt mentioned"?
Second,ask your father in law if he indeed does course coyotes if they can kill a single dog...if he tells you no,he is either extremely inexperienced or is a liar....I repeat,I have watched it being done and I have been to at least 25 calls in a 20 year period on dogs from 25 lbs-a Rotweiler that was 90 lbs....i also have seen two DEAD Great Pyrenees's....over 100 lbs...so dont tell me I am wrong

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG no. They are teeney skinny things. She is a white German Shephard. Super sized, lol
I guess you don't know much about Greyhounds....very powerfull dogs. And certainly not teeny skinny things.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Holly, that is one awesome HUGE dog!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmi...or Holly,or what ever your going by today,dont tell me I am wrong...its wrong and illegal to feed ANY wildlife...why are you defending it if "it wasnt mentioned"?
Second,ask your father in law if he indeed does course coyotes if they can kill a single dog...if he tells you no,he is either extremely inexperienced or is a liar....I repeat,I have watched it being done and I have been to at least 25 calls in a 20 year period on dogs from 25 lbs-a Rotweiler that was 90 lbs....i also have seen two DEAD Great Pyrenees's....over 100 lbs...so dont tell me I am wrong

PS...I see now you said your father in laws dogs chase off coyotes and bears.......so does he chase after the dogs?Why do the dogs come home?Maybe because the bear chased back?Funny we just lost our ability to use hounds in the Hunting of Bears in this Lib State because the HSUS(which kills more dogs than any organization around)claims that too many dogs were being injured from the bears

here is a German Shepard VS Yote...the coyote is not playing!Thats exactly what they do to "decoy",the dog to chase wher its partner coyote lays in wait(its well documented)

I am not saying coyotes are "Bad",because they will/can kill large dogs.....its survival of the fittest in nature...and MOTHER NATURE is not HUMANE

Last edited:

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you don't know much about Greyhounds....very powerfull dogs. And certainly not teeny skinny things.

Well sir, I have worked at boarding kennels starting at age 17 years. Your idea of a big dog and my idea differ. A greyhound weighing in at 85 lbs tops is a medium size dog. The dog pictured Weighs in at 145plus . Greyhounds have a very skinny build , and no greyhound has a head that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread