CRAIGSLIST COMES THROUGH WITH PROMISING SITES THIS WEEKEND!!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Well, I have been listing on Craigslist for the last few weeks, and getting some offers here and there....Well got a response early last week about some old homesites not too far from me, and got permission to go and hunt them..These spots are on the old east side of the city, and once was the area for the Cotton Belt railway...around this area were houses that the railroad workers lived, they were shotgun type shacks that dated from the late 1800's. Well, the owner of these lots is building duplexes on them and invited me to see what I could find, and needless to say I couldn't wait! There are about 7 or 8 seperat lots I have to choose from, and those are all across the street from an old Negro school, that now sees duty as some sort of maintenance facility for the city...I spent about a total of 5 hours or so over Friday and Saturday, early in the morning, because by noon, it is WAT too hot to be outside! The first day I found the '51 D Wheat. As I went over by one of the trees, I got a pretty good signal, and dug up what appears to be a pot holder with a bit of the side missing...it has small feet on it to keep it off the surface of a table...The next hit I get was by the base of another tree, and this double axe head was there about 6" down! Not too far from there, another good signal, and up comes what appears to be a rail plate from the old railroad! Along with all of this, I find many square nails, as well as more modern ones...next tree, another signal, and up comes the padlock, that apparently had lost keys, because it was cut..also found some old small hinges for what appears to be a gate, and a half of a door hinge, as well as a slide lock plate...Under one of the nearby bushes, I uncovered a spoon that was in surprisingly good condition (this is the first one I have recoverd whole). Also around the same area was a trigger from a toy gun,(which is good, means kids were here playing!) That rounded out day one at this site....I will post with the finds from Saturday, which I thought got a little better....
As always thanks for stopping by and looking.
Sean

Attachments

• 51 d wheat.JPG
    51 d wheat.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 543
  • 51 d back.JPG
    51 d back.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 536
  • house finds iron.JPG
    house finds iron.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 536
  • axe head.JPG
    axe head.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 532
  • rail plate.JPG
    rail plate.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 537
  • nails.JPG
    nails.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 525
  • lock.JPG
    lock.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Baggins, that's a load of cool relics! Congrats to you on the Craiglist permissions.
Looking forward to more.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread