Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to post this....
Looking through CL making a list for tomorrow and ran across this ad-

Garage Sale!-Good stuff here-No poser's trash-by God no cheap Beer (2124 Reston Circle royal Palm Beach)
Saturday 2014-03-01 HUGE GARAGE SALE!!!!! Saturday March 1 from 7am-1pm...No posers, no garbage, no hassle, no dog bites, and by God no cheap beer! Ok.. We've all had that crazy looser neighbor with his cheesy garage sale...you know the posers I'm talking about.. These are the ham and eggers that think the Olive Garden is real Italian food, or that the Red lobster is the best seafood place in Florida, or the ones who go to Ruth Kris on a first date and order appetizers. . .only. They load their driveways up with overpriced crap and try to sell it while they slam down some Keystone beer for breakfast at 7 in the morning so they can upgrade later in the day to some Natural Lite (because they want to stay low carb. and keep that phenomenal physique they have been working so hard for. . .a..Yea right). While you try to find anything in that God forsaken heap of trash that might be salvageable, like Monty Python searching for the Grail, they keep their pit-bull at bay and stare at your wife or girlfriend's cute behind while they smile their remaining tooth and wipe pools of drool off their unshaven chin. Well you should not have to deal with that nightmare. Ask yourself this. . .Self. . .why can't I go somewhere and find a nice decent family that is having a garage sale with reasonable prices? A family with useable items and just maybe some real gems in the lot, who have a cute yorkie they rescued, and where the guy occasionally partakes of a hand crafted beer later in the afternoon, who can string a coherent sentence together, and has a cheerful demeanor, and most importantly, will not creep me and my family out?

Well you can. . .this Saturday. Toys, Furniture, White wicker dresser and armoire, white nightstands, new full size couch futon, IKEA furniture and tables, women and children clothing, glassware, sporting equipment, TV DVD combo, fish tanks, collectables, big telescope, Weber kettle charcoal grill, books by popular authors, luggage, and more!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good one. If they were anywhere near me, I would pay them a visit just to see if they were telling the truth.

That ad reminds of a couple of classics I have seen on CL in the last few months. One was for a yard sale where some lady was selling off her late mother-in-law's stuff. It was clear from the text of the ad that the old lady had been living with her son and his wife and made wifey's life miserable. She was relishing the idea of unloading the witch's junk for cheap, cheap, cheap and didn't care if the whole world knew just what she thought of the old dear.

The other ad was in CL's "Free Stuff" section. Some lady had obviously had her fill of her bum of a husband and wanted to give him away. I'm sure she wasn't serious... just seriously frustrated with his boozing and laying around, no-account ways. That post got flag for removal and was gone within the hour. Wish I had kept the text of these two ads. They were priceless.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The funny thing is that Royal Palm Beach is a really nice, high-end area (for the most part).

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't make it to this sale. The transmission went out in the Durango :censored:. Went to drive off from a sale, put it in gear and it wouldn't move. Waited and hour for AAA and got towed back to the house. So much for garage sales today. :BangHead:

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Excellent! Truth in advertising! But two things would scare me off - IKEA furniture and craft beer. Means a yuppie that has a computer and has placed his valuations from list prices (not sold) on ebay. Here in H-Town, if I see IKEA and a rice-cooker, I will surely pass.

Sorry about your tranny Diggs.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Truth in advertising! But two things would scare me off - IKEA furniture and craft beer. Means a yuppie that has a computer and has placed his valuations from list prices (not sold) on ebay. Here in H-Town, if I see IKEA and a rice-cooker, I will surely pass. Sorry about your tranny Diggs.
Yeah, I hear that. Nothing sounded worth driving up there for that's for sure.

PS- The tranny... $1590 damage to my pocket.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
"The tranny".....................giggle. Sorry couldn't help it. Thought of it before and but didn't say anything, but now it was mentioned again and I couldn't stop myself.

T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread