CRAZY JAKE

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1969.jpg 1967.jpg

this was me in superior, 1967...spent lots of time wandering those mountains back then...

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well, I am wondering why I never fell into the Dutchman...since I crawled or fell into a lot of holes up in that area...none of them had gold at the bottom...
and with my luck...I should have fallen in...really.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cub....You missed it...Mattew answered my question. No more needs to be said on here...I guess when you find the mine, it is then when you need to ask yourself if it is really worth going to Jail?? What would all of you do? would you take from the mine and risk going to Jail? No I did not find the mine at all, I was just asking your opinion....

Double-Jack

I have often wondered how much one could profit from such a find, a pat on the back maybe? What would Cubfan do? ???

Seems like a pat on the back would be a lot better than a Pat on the back. :laughing7:

Homar

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have often wondered how much one could profit from such a find, a pat on the back maybe? What would Cubfan do? ???

Seems like a pat on the back would be a lot better than a Pat on the back. :laughing7:

Homar

Imagining what one would do compared to what one would ACTUALLY do if they found themselves in the situation may very well be 2 different things. Don't know why anyone wants to know what I would do, but imagining it, this is what I'm thinking:

1. Take lots of photos without giving away the location

2. Cherry pick "grab samples" of the best pieces I could

3. Do my best to hide the location

4. Make an appt. to meet with Clay Worst to show him the photos and samples, and if at all possible find a way for him to go to the location to see it. The man is the nicest gentleman I believe I've ever met, and if anyone deserves to see the LDM before they pass on, imho it's Clay.

5. Maybe go back every once in awhile to get more "grab samples."

I would have no interest in trying to lay any claim to it, expose it's location to the public, let any government agencies know where it is, etc... I would be quite content in knowing I located it and leave it at that.

All that said, I reserve the right to change almost all those decisions if I ever truly found it :)

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another map which had possessed Crazy Jake . From my investigation the Cristo mine is the upper of the two dots in the horse stone map .This map don't leads to LDM , but leads to CORDIS and Someo Montana mine .

Robert Simpson.gif

For those who have read my posts and have made an image , I give one more clue about LDM . The LDM is in a straight line to the True north with the Cross in the Black Cross Mesa .

Last edited:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagining what one would do compared to what one would ACTUALLY do if they found themselves in the situation may very well be 2 different things. Don't know why anyone wants to know what I would do, but imagining it, this is what I'm thinking:

1. Take lots of photos without giving away the location

2. Cherry pick "grab samples" of the best pieces I could

3. Do my best to hide the location

4. Make an appt. to meet with Clay Worst to show him the photos and samples, and if at all possible find a way for him to go to the location to see it. The man is the nicest gentleman I believe I've ever met, and if anyone deserves to see the LDM before they pass on, imho it's Clay.

5. Maybe go back every once in awhile to get more "grab samples."

I would have no interest in trying to lay any claim to it, expose it's location to the public, let any government agencies know where it is, etc... I would be quite content in knowing I located it and leave it at that.

All that said, I reserve the right to change almost all those decisions if I ever truly found it :)

If you found it lying just outside of the wilderness area,and you could claim it. Would that change your mind.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you found it lying just outside of the wilderness area,and you could claim it. Would that change your mind.

It would probably change my mind if it were located in an area that could be legally claimed. That said, I know nothing about the mining industry, so I would probably try to legally partner up with someone(s) who do. Clay Worst comes to mind again ;)

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still on the monorail an coffee shop located on the Dutchman...glass it over and sell coffee an t-shirts...more money in that then any gold...

You have a good point Donald. I've seen those little glass vials with paper thin hammered gold flakes in them for sale for WAY more than the value of the gold in them. Wonder what you could charge for hammered flakes of gold from the LOST DUTCHMAN mine???

:treasurechest:

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Donald..not wayne..sorry...{back away from the work table for a bit paul}
but this mine has gained too much attention to be considered a gold mine...it has become mythological...
one would not pluck an fry Quetzalcoatl...

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donald..not wayne..sorry...{back away from the work table for a bit paul}
but this mine has gained too much attention to be considered a gold mine...it has become mythological...
one would not pluck an fry Quetzalcoatl...

Oops - sorry Don :(. I often find myself confusing you, Wayne and Kurt when I'm not paying attention. You gotta admit that Secretcanyon, Silenthunter and Somehiker all blend together when one isn't focused :).

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Kraig,

"First of all, it is important everyone understand and keep in mind, unless someone can post an internet website link where you can actually go and read for yourself what was posted, what is reposted can be altered by anyone to say anything they want it to say. Once downloaded from a web site, a post can be partially deleted, changed, added to, or completely rewritten by whomever downloads them. Many times individuals have accused others of deleting their posts, and this is why. In the past, posts have been downloaded by internet trolls and anger management challenged individuals with chips on their shoulders, the original posts altered, and reposted as the original authors words. This has happened to several individuals, Jim Hatt was one it happened to, Peter another and a few others come to mind. Some people have been banned from websites and forums for using this practice. A reputable person would never employ reposting without providing a live link back to the original post."

Since you know that all of those posts were deleted.......by you, you can feel confident that no one will ever be able to see the original posts. In the same vein, Peter's site is no longer available....on the Internet. Greg Davis can vouch for the accuracy of your posts, as we have quoted them........unless you are also saying he is dishonest.:dontknow:

Since the above quote is referring to me (Joe Ribaudo), I will thank you to stop inferring that I would or have done anything to change any of the words you have spoken or written. I do make mistakes, but I don't lie or fabricate any evidence. I also have never lied about my history in order to bolster my reputation.

I would suggest you stop with the sly, untruthful innuendos. You are in no position to sling mud at anyone.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen please stop the bickering or a mod will get involved and stop it....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't directed at you ......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WATASHA

Aug 26, 2013
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Dowsing
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Anyone willing to part with a copy of the Crazy Jake manuscript? Long or short version is fine with me. I'd love to read it.

Thanks for your time,
Waylon

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Anyone willing to part with a copy of the Crazy Jake manuscript? Long or short version is fine with me. I'd love to read it.

Thanks for your time,
Waylon

Waylon,

I have copied a number of Jake's manuscripts as well as other items of the same ilk. Never charged for any of it.

To be honest, I have gotten burned-out on folks coming on the forums claiming to be newbies, asking for advice and other things.......like manuscripts, and then becoming experts overnight and insulting me. Not saying that applies to you, but those it does apply to know who they are.

Take care,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread