PRETENDERS

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
There have been many pretenders and phonies who seem to gravitate towards sites that discuss the LDM and other legends that are associated with the Superstition Mountains.

Some of them pretend to be Dutch Hunters, some to be Indians, or Apache. There have even been a few who took the names of other members of the sites, or something very close to the original.

Just before I was banned from DUSA, this time, I was asking some very innocent questions of a new member. As in the past, there were complaints made and Jim B. Did not have the time to actually check the "offending" posts. He told me, there were just too many complaints.

I have asked the same kind of questions here, as well as over on the LDM Forum. Some of those discussions have been much more heated than anything over on DUSA.

If a wannabe LDM or Apache historian shows up where I am a member, it does not take me all that long to peg them. I was once fooled for a number of years by one person, so I might be a little sensitive to that sort of game.

To be honest, I am pretty tired of the deceit and back stabbing. My posts will be limited in the future, which will make a lot of burro-holes happy. Anyone who wants to get in touch with me, those who matter have my email and phone number.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Joe
Even though you and I have had a rough past I respect your knowledge and experience and would hope that you continue to be the "governer" of rational thinking.
I always look forward to reading your input on all of these forums
Best to you
Alan

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Alan,

Just so you know, I don't hold any ill feelings towards you. What I posted here had nothing to do with people like you. You sign your posts with your real name, and I always respect that.

Thing is, I just have lost interest in the forums.......too many crazies. I will be available, privately, for anyone who has an honest question.

Thank you for the kind words. I did not want to start a dialog here, just forgot to lock the topic. Hmmm.......Looks like we can no longer lock our topics.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Steve,

I hope you and Kathi are doing well and will make it to this years Rendezvous. God willing
and the creek don't rise, I will be there. Carolyn will stay home this year, and I will be coming
in our Expedition.

Someone else will have to take over our "self appointed" camp host job.

Take care, and thanks for your comments,

Joe

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

I have been offering you a seat at the table for around six-years now.:BangHead: Others have eaten
your steaks, fried in bacon grease. This is the results:

CookingWithBaconGrease.jpg

Maybe you were the lucky one. And yes, I do get out of it that easy.:tongue3::coffee2:

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El Cholla lover

Sheehs are you a time schedule nut? everything 'go go'?? Right now ! You a have to learn to relax a little mi amigo. Has it really been 6 years?? I thought that it was only last year. :icon_scratch: sigh.

Err, eh, hmm, who is the sexy brunette? If I show up, can I wriggle an introduction out of you? After all, it was MY steak that pleasently filled her out. :coffee2::tongue3:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:
OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,
Unfortunately she developed heart problems and is on complete bed rest. She is also on a liquid medical diet but the doctors promise she will be up and around after she looses another 200#.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread