Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt think a credit union would have any halves, but there was one near a bank I was at so I stopped there anyway. Turns out they had over $500 loose, so I got $370 of it (all the cash I had with me). It was a good choice. Got 1 Benji, 1 64 Kennedy and 18 40%. I will be going back to get the rest tomorrow.

01/23 -
Got the other $200, and did ok. Got 1 more Franklin and 12 40%. I will take those numbers any day. Only down side is they said there was $203.50 in the bag, and when I got finished searching and counted them all, it came out to $199. The first time I went they hand counted them. I think next time I stop there if they have any I will ask for them to be hand counted. They didnt seem to mind the first time, just looked like they were glad to get rid of them.

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Credit Unions another option

Not if I get there first............. : ^ )

Congrats on the new source.

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

I go to a credit union also, but not for loose ones. There is a cashier there that checks all the loose ones for silver.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wayne1956 said:
I didnt think a credit union would have any halves, but there was one near a bank I was at so I stopped there anyway. Turns out they had over $500 loose, so I got $370 of it (all the cash I had with me). It was a good choice. Got 1 Benji, 1 64 Kennedy and 18 40%. I will be going back to get the rest tomorrow.

I know a credit union that has over $3000 in halves. All from me and all checked!

Do you want the address? ;D

It is one of my "dump banks" They are very friendly and one of the tellers even told me he has found silver there and I offered to buy them. No answer yet though. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread