Creek Bed Copper and Skull

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Was able to get out today between rainstorms . Decided to walk an old creek bed through the woods. Besides a lot of old rusty items,which I wont post....because ...well..... just go to any of my other posts and you can see all the rusty junk you want......I found this copper band ....the outside is pretty well worn ,but the inside says _____Steel Goods,Chicago and a Pat. No. That I cant read....
About a half an hour up the creek, I hit this skull ring....kind of freaky...so figured it was time to go ....LOL

Attachments

• copper band.JPG
    copper band.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • copper band 2.JPG
    copper band 2.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,164
  • creek bed.JPG
    creek bed.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Skull ring.JPG
    Skull ring.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,177
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
no doubt you have stumbled on the heavy metal kids hangout spot! cool ring!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Add that ring to your Halloween costume this year, Gypsy. You'll be all set. Scary!

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
You said you hit it, the ring that is? How deep was it? Is it silver? Did you mean with your detector you hit it? How old is the other stuff you found around it. Scary or not, its still a great find. Come on girl, how could you let a little ring cause you to bail. You have braved strip joints and God knows what else. You could of stumbled onto a Pirates treasure site. One thing for sure, you can always be counted on to come up with those great finds. Yep
Mike

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda like that old Rusted junk your talking about.... ;D ...You can send it all to me I will take it! Iron prices are up at the local junk yard. For Hunting in the ran! Thats great.........More diehards In the Metal detecting hobby are needed........ But don't go and get sick your detecting days may be limited for a while! lolol HH

Just keep those posts coming I always enjoy them!!!

The Seeker

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMMMM....I think I'da left too Gypsy! :P :D But hey....good find!

Nana ;)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure would like to have found that ring ;D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice ring gypsy.

You gettin a little paranoid at the site lol. It's not some thing I would wear. Still a good find though. Is it sterling.

HH Jer

M

mchamby

Very interesting ring, you couldn't have found it at a more appropriate time of year.
HH
Mchamby

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Ah-hem!!! Gypsy............who in this forum is known to be a metal head? Could it be.........MightyAP?? I think its quite obvious who that ring belongs to, I must have lost it after an Iron Maiden concert.............long night of music, brewski's & illegal drug use! LOL I'll let you keep it if you promise to listen to White Zombies Devil Music Vol 1..........K? Seriously, cool finds girl!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Gypsy,

nice finds.

The copper band; could it be a band that
was used on a roll of some type of metal?

The band was put on the end, to hold the
whole roll in place. Slip it down, cut some
of the material off and now slip the band
on the new end. It latched over two or three
layers of the roll and fed off the top layer.
Just a thought.

have a good un..............

papa

Sep 21, 2006
I think I have seen something like that band before ??? Let me ponder on it awhile ???
Still,good finds 8)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
backitup83 said:
You said you hit it, the ring that is? How deep was it? Is it silver? Did you mean with your detector you hit it? How old is the other stuff you found around it. Scary or not, its still a great find. Come on girl, how could you let a little ring cause you to bail. You have braved strip joints and God knows what else. You could of stumbled onto a Pirates treasure site. One thing for sure, you can always be counted on to come up with those great finds. Yep
Mike
Ok It was about 4 inches down . By hit ...I meant signal. Figured I would dig every signal since it was a creek bed. And there isnt much I am afraid of ...but guess I knew a little too much history of the place I was hunting and when I found that ....my imagination got the best of me. Rumor has it sometime in the fifties there was an old lovers lane type place near the river. This creek empties into it. Close to halloween a young man and woman disappeared and only their car was found . Everyone assumed they drowned in the river......Except about two years later ...a hunter found the girls purse back in the woods.....so that being said ...and I alone in the woods....began to think ....well maybe more people disappeared and I just found a part of one....dumb I know ....anyway ...it was getting late and I needed to go anyway ....hahaha....and besides....when you start imagining the boogyman behind every tree...time to go! :o :o :o
And AP I can send you the ring...I dont think its silver...just heavy metal...

DiggingFl

Oct 4, 2006
North FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS and X-Terra 50
Cool ring Gypsy. It always seems a little odd to find jewelry out in the middle of the woods. I found a bracelet in the woods I mean the middle of no where and the first thing I thought was wheres the body. LOL

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Gypsy that is one sweet ring. That ring and the wizard ring that someone else found earlier. WOW that would eminate some looks. LoL eminate strange word to use there I know. But both rings command a certain strangeness to them.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Gypsy ;

I think you Stumbled on to a Devil Cult.
Lucky you didn't get Sacrificed :P

Very Cool Ring Christie.

awsome all Hallows Eve Find, although a bit early.

Happy "Haunting"

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread