Creek search results

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
These are all recent creek finds. There are 4 small creeks on our place that feed to a larger creek. I have been systematically searching each creek after each large rain. It takes me about 4 hours to effectively cover a half mile of creek bed...those of you who search creeks know what I mean.

In order below...
-A nice scraper in situ
-Scraper and hammerstone I think
-Nice pink point in situ....this one is shaped like a fish..1 inch by 1.5 inch in size
-4 inch spear point
-nutting stone??
-a section of the creek some of these were found in.

Attachments

• P1040543.jpg
    P1040543.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 912
  • P1040564.jpg
    P1040564.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 918
  • P1040572.jpg
    P1040572.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 915
  • P1040597.jpg
    P1040597.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 912
  • P1040676.jpg
    P1040676.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 905
  • P1040599.jpg
    P1040599.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 902
Upvote 0

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
real nice finds archer66.great pics.i dont hunt the creeks as much as i hunt fields but i know what you mean about how time consuming it is to hunt a stretch of creek,i usually have better luck in the small streams like the one you have pictured here.thanks for sharing your hunt.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Archer66
The photos are really good. The hole looks pretty deep on that nutstone ? Looks like a limestone creek bed what state are you in? Nice finds and thanks for sharing them.
TnMountains

OP
OP
archer66

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
TnMountains said:
Nice finds Archer66
The photos are really good. The hole looks pretty deep on that nutstone ? Looks like a limestone creek bed what state are you in? Nice finds and thanks for sharing them.
TnMountains

I am in Northeast Missouri...that picture was taken in Pike County Northwest of Bowling Green. There is a lot of limestone/shale/clay in our area. Just down the creek from there is a blue/green clay wall that has washed out beneath a limestone cap, for lack of a better description. The creek in the pic contains small stretches like the one pictured, stretches of mud, sand, small gravel, large gravel, limestone chunks, some granite, some sandstone, some chert....little bit of everything..pretty much typical NEMO stream.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
archer66 said:
TnMountains said:
Nice finds Archer66
TnMountains

I am in Northeast Missouri...that picture was taken in Pike County Northwest of Bowling Green. There is a lot of limestone/shale/clay in our area. Just down the creek from there is a blue/green clay wall that has washed out beneath a limestone cap, for lack of a better description. The creek in the pic contains small stretches like the one pictured, stretches of mud, sand, small gravel, large gravel, limestone chunks, some granite, some sandstone, some chert....little bit of everything..pretty much typical NEMO stream.

Looks like it would be full of treasure. I like the limestone bottoms. It can sure pile up some great gravel bars for artifacts.Look forward to seeing what all comes out of there.Good luck.
TnMtns

OP
OP
archer66

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Bump...

I am interested in knowing what you folks think of the piece pictured above that I was calling a nutting or grinding stone. The more I look at it the more I think it might be a geofact.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, and great insitu's. :icon_thumright:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archer I think targe might be right on that. The way it is scooped out on the side of the hole make it look like it was used. Uni posted a link the other day with one similiar that was actually a fire starter. The hole in the rock had a slight angle and platform pecked out....

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
real nice pieces, and thecreek is alot like the ones around here
in mid mo. except we have alot more rock it seems. Good luck on
future hunts. JYD...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread