CRH Humor

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

The wife and I were running around town, and while we were out, I made it a point to stop by every bank I saw and ask for halves. At one particular bank, we found 5 rolls. I paid for them, and on my way out, I noticed they were all marked the same. Each roll had written in a black magic marker the following:

O
No
Keepers

I walked out with them, expecting the usual skunk. Popped a roll open in the car, poured it out, and right on top was a 1967. It turns out it was the only keeper in the 5 rolls, but it amused me that I found it in what appeared to be someone's dumps.

Pickings have been slim for me of late. Work is slow, money is tight, and I just havent felt up to doing a lot of nickles. I have 3 boxes on order that should be here Wednsday, so I will have something to report then for sure. Hopefully they remember me this time, as last week both banks forgot or couldn't order for me.

Happy Hunting,
Anthony

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Narthoniel

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
kinda funny to have 5 rolls reuse wrappers with the same markings. there were someones innitials on hem as well.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Narthoniel said:
Hello,

The wife and I were running around town, and while we were out, I made it a point to stop by every bank I saw and ask for halves. At one particular bank, we found 5 rolls. I paid for them, and on my way out, I noticed they were all marked the same. Each roll had written in a black magic marker the following:

O
No
Keepers

I walked out with them, expecting the usual skunk. Popped a roll open in the car, poured it out, and right on top was a 1967. It turns out it was the only keeper in the 5 rolls, but it amused me that I found it in what appeared to be someone's dumps.

Pickings have been slim for me of late. Work is slow, money is tight, and I just havent felt up to doing a lot of nickles. I have 3 boxes on order that should be here Wednsday, so I will have something to report then for sure. Hopefully they remember me this time, as last week both banks forgot or couldn't order for me.

Happy Hunting,
Anthony

Could be a sloppy CRHer missed it. Was the rim similar looking to a clad?

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread