Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
joad said:
Over 1200 Walkers since spring 2009.

Joad

I remember your sweet score.

Also, if MountainMan is lurking, go ahead and chime in. I remember you having some sweet (ridiculous) scores of Walkers.

And perhaps some of the oldtimers can remember the poster's handle that scored the haul of Franklins, many of which were Gem. I think it was MisterGee - or something like that.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1200 WL? Schwing! Nice Haul! Any 1921 or key dates?

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't mention a time frame. No doubt for recent finds LJ is at the top. But what about us very old timers. I used to cash my paycheck on Friday and take it all in either half dollars or (yes) silver dollars. I went through the rolls, kept what I needed to fill a hole or upgrade my sets and turned the rest back into the bank so I could pay the bills that week. No telling how many Ben's and WL's I turned back in over the years.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a Banner find of walkers... Was it Joad or Mountainman? And yes it was Mistergee who hit the uncirculated Bens in original wrappers about 5 years ago.

My best hit was over 50 bens in one box about 3 years ago. Painful memories selling them for $8 each. Oh well

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
CardsNCoins said:
Diver_Down said:
palidin20603 said:
Who is LJ?

SMH...

The archives are your friend. After perusing the past, you will feel ashamed that you had to ask.

Shame in not knowing LJ, or shame in not knowing how to find his old posts via this site? I guess I am ashamed since im currently guilty of both.

LJ is a she, not a he.

YOu can also look at an article in the Western and Eastern treasures Magazine that was written ABOUT LJ and all her finds. :-) the girl was in the RIGHT area. Apparantly didn't have much competition, and her boxes were CONSISTENTLY very LOADED.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford (God Rest His Soul) has to be in that elite group as well. Some of his posts were legendary.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I've sold none of my 90%ers. About 9 months after my mega score of 743 Walkers, I scored 12 rolls of Walkers from the same bank. Seven of them were uncirculated. No key dates.

Joad

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
Rich Hartford (God Rest His Soul) has to be in that elite group as well. Some of his posts were legendary.

I second that. Rich was constant, never a huge score but always pulled walkers out of thin air. RIP Rich.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread