CRHing JackPot!!

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went into a bank today that I usually use as a dump bank, it was a bit later in the day and the other banks were closed. I dumped my usual amount of nickels and one of the tellers (knowing me) said, " An older woman dropped off some coins she said were part of her deceased husbands collection, do you want them?" I'm like sure, maybe I can be the next Maverick, how many do you have? She says a roll of dimes and two rolls of cents. I buy them and get home and then think to check for enders.. a worn wheatie on each end of one of the penny rolls, the other two rolls didn't have enders. I pop open the dime roll and, Bam, see two nice shiny edges, I pop them out and this is what I get... My first barber, and a nice merc! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502166614.484442.jpg Both common dates but still amazing finds! I open the penny roll without any enders, no wheaties, but all pre 83 so I got some nice copper! And now for the best part, I open the cent roll and they are all wheat cents! 41 of them were all common 40s and 50s. This is my second ever Indian head cent found but still amazing! Here are the best of the roll... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502166917.423028.jpg Still shaking, this is my best coin roll hunt ever! Thanks for reading and keep searching!

-BuffaloHunter

Upvote 0

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! Congrats!

I'm quickly learning that tellers recognizing/knowing you is the key... I have yet to have anything like that happen, but just them knowing I collect coincidences and buy their dollars/halves has helped me score some silver halves

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a couple of nice rolls. My local tellers not only know me by name, but they all (at 4 different banks) have my phone number to call me when Halves or other older coins come in.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. One can wish! :icon_thumright:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Suprise finds is what keeps the flow of the hobby going. Congrats, and to your tellers a special "thanks".

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No kidding! There is a bagel shop next door.. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions