Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to take it easy buddy ....... I have to get my a/c fixed now too with all this talk going on...... Oh I loath to be out to sea!!!!!!! But we'll put this up/coming cruise behind us. It will be a fun adventurous cruise, to places I haven't been yet like Jamaica, grand Cayman for strarters hoohoooo bags are packed can't wait !!!!!! Of course where we go one, we go all! ! So I'll carry all of your hearts on this adventure with us AHOOOOY THEIR MATEYS CAST OFF THE STARBOARD BOW AND STERN LINES!!!!!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well got the A/C fixed, been in the high 90's low 100's right up until the A/C quit. Got it fixed now the Delta breeze has kicked in and we are in the high 70's low 80's, I froze my butt off testing the A/C- lol! I feel better it wasn't anything I did, it was a timing quinky dink, the internals of the schrader valve decided it wanted to grenade itself and purge the entire system. Glad it did it when it did as we are supposed to be going on a trip to New Mexico for our daughters wedding. I've done that trip before in July/Aug. driving a Watertender with no A/C, won't be doing that again. Did one other fix (I hope, we'll see tomorrow), my ABS light has been on and driving me nuts, already checked all thee connections and the ground, so figured it had to be in the Brake control module. After careful brain surgery type patience and precision I was able to split the case and resolder the relay points. I'll let ya all know tomorrow if I'm a hero or zero.

I'm betting you fixed it. If the lights off now your good to go...

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Have fun on the cruise TGF!!! I wish I could go!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Go 2 G.F. !
Bout overdue time you frolic in some new terrain's sand.
Remember if you get your picture taken with a bunch of monkeys to wear a hat....so we know which one is you.:laughing7:

022-3003.jpg

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go 2 G.F. !
Bout overdue time you frolic in some new terrain's sand.
Remember if you get your picture taken with a bunch of monkeys to wear a hat....so we know which one is you.:laughing7:

View attachment 1323427

Ya caught me off guard, that was funny!

TGF, when you go on these cruises how much time on the islands do they give you?

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I find myself in a dentist office praying for relief because the VA wouldn't provide assistance! They are not all they are supposed to be. In the end they are no more than government employees. Fowledup it varies sometimes as much as 8 hours sometimes long enough for me to dive and for momma to do some shopping. This trip I think it's like 8 hours per island. But it's day at sea, island, island, island, day at sea. We are going to be tired. I tried to get my 15 year old nephew to go and they said the ship is sold out. I said we have room for one more in my room...... The lady said..... That's too much weight!!!!! I swear she did. We have had as many different answers as we have spoken to people!!!! RC I love this picture buddy.........

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RC if I take a picture with a bunch of monkeys....... Man that is funny!!!!!!!! Thanks for the humor brother !!!!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
And I find myself in a dentist office praying for relief because the VA wouldn't provide assistance! They are not all they are supposed to be. In the end they are no more than government employees. Fowledup it varies sometimes as much as 8 hours sometimes long enough for me to dive and for momma to do some shopping. This trip I think it's like 8 hours per island. But it's day at sea, island, island, island, day at sea. We are going to be tired. I tried to get my 15 year old nephew to go and they said the ship is sold out. I said we have room for one more in my room...... The lady said..... That's too much weight!!!!! I swear she did. We have had as many different answers as we have spoken to people!!!! RC I love this picture buddy.........

Too much weight????
What did you tell them? My mother in laws name??? Lol

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha she said for the boats "center of balance " I said" what happens when they ring the dinner bell you idiot?" No clue basically the boat has sold out and their employees don't know how to convey that. Different story every person I talked too

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this dentist taps my tooth with a metal instrument and I swung at his package missed by hair yeah buddy that's the friggin tooth! He jumped back and hit the wall !!!!!! I hate that...... Does this hurt ? So I'm getting dental work in about 5 minutes. Just what I needed

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For fun and in as serious a tone as I could muster I would point out that within minutes of departure or cocktail hour at the latest the total weight of the boat will be reduced more than enough to accomodate your nephews less than significant weight due to alcohol consumption, followed by perspiration, and human waste evacuation.

Can't help myself, I hate being bullchitted, I'll mess with them back everytime!

Oh yeah- WOOOHOOOO we have a blank dash void of Brake and ABS lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!! total cost $6 bucks because I was out of black RTV. Youtube just saved me about an $800-1200 shop fix!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
So this dentist taps my tooth with a metal instrument and I swung at his package missed by hair yeah buddy that's the friggin tooth! He jumped back and hit the wall !!!!!! I hate that...... Does this hurt ? So I'm getting dental work in about 5 minutes. Just what I needed

Good luck with the dentistry!! Man I hate that stuff!!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Boo hiss on the dentistry here as well.
Got an implant finished after breaking the tooth next to it shortly before at gum level.
Now missing a tooth each side diagonally.
After a visit last week another one is unhappy with any pressure.
Ah well. If I turn up dentures detecting they will get a critical inspection.....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Boo hiss on the dentistry here as well.
Got an implant finished after breaking the tooth next to it shortly before at gum level.
Now missing a tooth each side diagonally.
After a visit last week another one is unhappy with any pressure.
Ah well. If I turn up dentures detecting they will get a critical inspection.....

I'm going to have implants at some point probably three...did you experience any pain with the implant?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to have implants at some point probably three...did you experience any pain with the implant?

Hmmmm...
Not recalling much issue. It felt warm for a few days. Of course touching it with my tongue constantly probably made it more so.
A cover(healing cap) gets screwed on the stud flush with gumline after it(implant stud) is installed in your bone. Or often does ,depending on type of implant.
There was a pinch feeling in one spot from it that did not last long. Chewing with it reasonably within a week I think.
Took me six months for the entire process. Guessing(?) around three or four months is normal to be sure bone attaches to stud , but I worked with two dentists on it.
I had like sixteen teeth pulled in elementary school. After that few extractions or work done bothers for very long.
The price keeps me from having had more implants.
They are solid and secure. Being prosthetic's , a dead feel to implants.. vs real teeth.
If you have solid bone to enable drilling a hole and running a stud in it , you likely are a likely candidate for review regarding implants.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hmmmm...
Not recalling much issue. It felt warm for a few days. Of course touching it with my tongue constantly probably made it more so.
A cover(healing cap) gets screwed on the stud flush with gumline after it(implant stud) is installed in your bone. Or often does ,depending on type of implant.
There was a pinch feeling in one spot from it that did not last long. Chewing with it reasonably within a week I think.
Took me six months for the entire process. Guessing(?) around three or four months is normal to be sure bone attaches to stud , but I worked with two dentists on it.
I had like sixteen teeth pulled in elementary school. After that few extractions or work done bothers for very long.
The price keeps me from having had more implants.
They are solid and secure. Being prosthetic's , a dead feel to implants.. vs real teeth.
If you have solid bone to enable drilling a hole and running a stud in it , you likely are a likely candidate for review regarding implants.

I'm hoping to continue to put it off as long as possible. Both front teeth and one lower one will eventually be done. I think the part that scares me the most is the removal of front two teeth.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHOOHOO I made it home.............where I am SAFE!!!! Even with Novacaine it was quite painful!!!!! One of those dentist that rests his whole hand on your lips you know pushes down his hand, not gently, he pushes down and your feet fly up! Thank goodness that is over. His assistant said he was from Panama. I thought about telling him I invaded Panama with my friends back in 1989, then like a fart I decided nope, keep my mouth shut this guy is killing me already.......well not really nobody ever died from pain.....at least thats what I kept telling myself! haha Packing for a departure tomorrow...Dang it sure is raining a lot here.....Here's a clip for the gang.......ENJOY

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm hoping to continue to put it off as long as possible. Both front teeth and one lower one will eventually be done. I think the part that scares me the most is the removal of front two teeth.

Front work beats back work.
Can get gaggy working on rear teeth.
Once Novocaine wears off ,rinse with salt water if/as directed. Don't loosen plugs/clots to create a dry socket and you'll be better in a couple days as swelling decreases.
Sthmilin an whithlin might be goofy though.

A friend had all his upper fronts implanted. Car hit him in his youth long before.
They must have put fakes on temporarily as I don't recall him being without teeth (cosmetically anyway) for more than a couple days ,and his replacements were much later after confirming bone and implants were getting along.
Questions for your implant Dr. I suppose.
Eye/canine teeth can be fussy as they are nearer sinus's. That was my implant site with no problem.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
WHOOHOO I made it home.............where I am SAFE!!!! Even with Novacaine it was quite painful!!!!! One of those dentist that rests his whole hand on your lips you know pushes down his hand, not gently, he pushes down and your feet fly up! Thank goodness that is over. His assistant said he was from Panama. I thought about telling him I invaded Panama with my friends back in 1989, then like a fart I decided nope, keep my mouth shut this guy is killing me already.......well not really nobody ever died from pain.....at least thats what I kept telling myself! haha Packing for a departure tomorrow...Dang it sure is raining a lot here.....Here's a clip for the gang.......ENJOY

Alright!
D.R. all wantin to go to the dentist now....:laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Front work beats back work.
Can get gaggy working on rear teeth.
Once Novocaine wears off ,rinse with salt water if/as directed. Don't loosen plugs/clots to create a dry socket and you'll be better in a couple days as swelling decreases.
Sthmilin an whithlin might be goofy though.

A friend had all his upper fronts implanted. Car hit him in his youth long before.
They must have put fakes on temporarily as I don't recall him being without teeth (cosmetically anyway) for more than a couple days ,and his replacements were much later after confirming bone and implants were getting along.
Questions for your implant Dr. I suppose.
Eye/canine teeth can be fussy as they are nearer sinus's. That was my implant site with no problem.

My front two teeth were impacted in gym class many years ago, this caused resorption to occur. Implant dr office told me I may need bone grafts and if so the doctor may or may not place implant at same time as tooth removal. I'll say one thing though, if I put any pressure on the gum line (say from wiping mouth) above that tooth it gives me a weird mushy, numb, painfull feeling all at the same time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions