CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My, it's late, isn't it?

Sometimes, many feel that it is late and there is no hope.

But, just ask me. I once felt there was no hope.
A gun barrel in my mouth. My finger ready to pull the trigger.
Just another Veteran suicide, right?.....

But,

A Friend was there. He saved my life.
I'm that Friend who now saves your life.

A Vet is special to America.
You are special.

You are America.
You are the strength and what America means.

Tell me of your service.
Tell me what America means to you.
How can we make America great?

You served. Why?

How can we make a difference?
Let's make a difference!

You see that I have no problem with being honest.
It's hard for someone to admit contemplating suicide,
But I have. And having been there,
I want to save you....as I once was saved.

Scott

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Johnny,
Are you a Vet?

What was your MOS?

Where did you serve?

Welche Sprachen sprichst du?

God Bless America's Vets and active service members!

Best,

Scott

Heh...Ask him what a bad day ,and night ,and day was like. And those that followed.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, Johnny, Are you a Vet? Yes. What was your MOS? 111P. Where did you serve? Good question. When I went to Viet Nam, it was two words. When I got there, it became three, Viet F---ing Nam. Now it is one Vietnam. If you want to know what post state side. Ft. Polk, basic and AIT, Ft. Benning, jumps school, Ft. Bragg 325th/82nd ABN, Ft. Rucker 31st INF, Ft. Benning 11th AA, 1/8 Cav/1st Cav. After Vietnam I did two years years in Brook General Hospital as a test subject for Dr. Frank N. Stine. Over thirty-six surgires, four wives, dozens of jobs, a fortune in booze and child support. Welche Sprachen sprichst du? If I am correct that is German and I have not spoken it since I was a kid. When we played army they always put me on the German side, because my older cousin said, "You are the only one who speaks it." I would curse him out and shoot him. "God Bless America's Vets and active service members!. My aunt asked my mother what I said and she told her. After that she would torment me by calling me a little Krout.

RC, wants me to tell you about a bad day.

"In Viet Nam, I was shot in both arms, both legs and hands and my chest and left for dead. On the way out the Company Commander called in artillery fire on our possession. The next day they call in an airstrike on our possession. About a half hour later they came in to do a body count and found four of us still alive, I was the only one who had to be carried to the chopper, the rest walked. There was one person they could not locate and they went back the next day and found him under a pile of dirt and trees from the explosions they could not hear him calling for help because of all the noise (Choppers) the day before. Two years in the hospital only to go back four months later. Every time they operate on my leg they tell me I may not come out of the surgery with it. I stopped counting surgeries at thirty-six. All of my joints are blown out and I live with the pain. I stopped drinking almost twelve years ago. Quit smoking about five years ago, and started smoking a pipe after my last GP, visit. He did not refill my pain medication. When I called, he made me come in for a drug screening. Even after that I did not get anything for the pain. I went last week to see my psychiatrist and told him and he sent me the meds, but I have not taken any. Well that's my story. Stay in touch."

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
45th Johnny :
THAT is a bad day.
I may never consider another of mine even remotely bad.

Thanks won't change your day ,but thank you. And a manly hug to you. Then a quick handshake before I have to turn away for a minute.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
After 2 days of my truck in his shop ,my mechanic washed his hands of replacing the engine manifolds.

He give it a try though. Reluctant to cut heads off and go from there , but I'm fine if he does not want to fight studs. Steel into aluminum is not the greatest deal either.

Less than a hundred thousand miles and it sounds like Fred Flintstones feet pattering on the road.
Ahh well. Ford is happy if a customer gets 5 years out of one of their products. I'm on about 10.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dodge 1500 has over 150,000 miles on it and I went to see about trading it in on a newer used truck. The dealer said keep it if there wasn't anything wrong with it, it should last another 100,000 miles.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,

Thank you for your service lots of the folks who drop in are vets and they all have my utmost respect.

Regards + HH

Bill

A song to welcome you on board.

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your service Johnny! I too am a combat Vet! Welcome friend!!

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K, You know you are alone when your best friend in the world is your Psychiatrist. After thirty years he really understands me.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Togreenfeet, Thank you for your service also. I am guessing you may have been a Seal or Diver. I will try not to hold that against you. Wife's ex was a Seal and was going to be a lifer until Vietnam started and he did not re-enlist. He decided to stay home and beat her, until she became a Cop and divorced him. It was hard enough for me to do laps in the pool with a full load. Empty canteens and Styrofoam in the rump sack helped. I remember a time when our unit was on IRF or DRF and we were called out, some of the guys had empty cardboard boxes in their packs and we had to go. They thought it was going to be an inspection, but when they issue you a switchblade, you know they are not playing anymore. Some times we would get either blanks or real ammo at the airbase, depending on if it was war games or live fire.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I went to Jump School we had a company of SEALS, and we all had to suffer, because the instructors were trying to break them, but none dropped out.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night as I started my perimeter check, the dogs down the street were barking and I shined my flashlight in that direction. I saw two menacing green eyes looking back at me, much to high off the ground to be a dog, so I cocked my weapon and continued on my rounds. When I was finished my check and shined the light where I had seen the eyes, they were gone. I do not know what it was. I have never seen green eyes reflecting before. I have watched the deer walking down the street and their eyes are a yellowish brown. Does anyone know what it could have been. I know after the house was built we would find footprints along the front of the house going east in the fall and west in the spring, or visa versa. They were from a mother bear and her cubs. The grass has finally grown in and I can no longer tell if it was the bears or not.

Well I will now watch the BBC until I get sleepy and pull the plug. I also wish AU24K would tell me if I passed his Stolen Valor test. I have a skull and heart tattoo with a dagger through them. I got it to cover up the Screaming Eagle I had before going to Jump School (BIG MISTAKE) and ending up in the 82nd.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,

Kind of ironic that you found this thread as it turns out our buddy Crispin after who this thread is named is also a psychiatrist.

Regards + HH

Bill

AU24K, You know you are alone when your best friend in the world is your Psychiatrist. After thirty years he really understands me.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Health ,age, minerals and more can affect eye color at night.
Cats tend to be green reflections.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha 45 Johnny...... what in the world ever made you think I have EVER been cold, wet, and Sandy? Hahaha Man I was on my way to help raise 3 sunken boats from Irma and I really don't know what happened but the owners said they didn't need me. I was only charging them "lunch" oh well, as many times as you watch the movie, the Titanic is still sunk...... haha[emoji568][emoji568][emoji568]

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Togreenfeet: I like the ping ball theory, where they pump them into the sunken ship, displace the water and the ship floats to the surface.

Bill: I am not a psychiatrist, but I played one in my school play. Not really! In the beginning, he would have his secretary bring us coffee. Some where along the way he had to make it in his office. Now he dose not even offer. Kind of like a wife, I did not think to ask him if he was making it with someone else. I am on my fourth wife, after forty years I think I will keep this one. None of the others could remember who they were married to. Number two did not want to fave anymore kids so She said I had to a vasectomy. I did and went back and checked and it worked. She got pregnant, she called a girl friend over as a witness. I walked in the house and she started punching me after about five or six punches to the face I gave her a little left jab. She told me she was filing for divorce then she and her, went to the emergency room, three stitches. 9:00 am the next morning I received a call from the office, I had been served with the papers for abandonment. As I figured there was no way she could see an attorney, have the paper drawn and be at my office by 9:00 am, the attorney had to have notified her that I would be served the next day. I still had the key to the house, so while she was at work, I returned and found where they confirmed she was with child. She wanted every thing under the sun, I agreed to child support. She refused and I handed her a copy of the lab work, along with the abortion receipt. She tore it up. I reached into another and produced another, and said I could do this forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread