Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear I feel like I'm back in London......it rains EVERYDAY!!!!! Uncle Bill made me hungry. I'm going to the grocery store soon.......

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Tourney, another win...

winning the tourney.JPG

Perhaps I should play in a higher stakes tourney....

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow would have been my Mom's 81st Birthday. I will always love and miss her.

But, instead of just missing her, I have chosen to live my life in a way that she would be proud of.
She taught me from an early age to be honest, caring and to help others.
My Mom and I were always close...
Honoring my Mom, on Tuesday, I will begin a new journey to help others.

Please allow me to share some memories.

IMG_1861.JPG
Back in July of 1966, my Sister, my Mom and I rode bicycles to a Friend's house for a visit.

IMG_1862.JPG
A Mother's Day surprise one year.

IMG_1864.JPG
The Christmas that I had given her an Emerald ring.

IMG_1866.JPG
She loved it and I now have it to remind me of that day.

IMG_1863.JPG
She loved to bowl and we were on the same team from time to time.
And sometimes I bowled against her team.

IMG_1865.JPG
She now rests and one day I'll visit her again.

Hope all are well.

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I soon will, though.

Best,

Scott

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,
I made some hot pickled eggplant preserves this morning....this version is slightly different but still excellent. If you don't like the heat you can omit the hot peppers it just won't have the same kick.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When one finds peace during a life of uncertainty, struggle and adversity, they will strive to share that peace.

The peace that comes from knowing that one is only human, and all others are only human also.

It seems to me that everyone has aspirations and goals in their lives and the way to achieve those goals may only come at the end of a long and hard road. Only by travelling that road, keeping your goal in sight and helping others along the way will you find what you are looking for. It is not always about the end result; It is frequently about the journey there.

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
I made some hot pickled eggplant preserves this morning....this version is slightly different but still excellent. If you don't like the heat you can omit the hot peppers it just won't have the same kick.

Hmmm...

Eggplant?

Not a fan of eggplant or okra.

Not sure about that, but I'd try a bite....
Especially if hot peppers are involved!

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked Friday with my Supervisor about returning to the 6 pm to 2:30 am shift.
He initiated the conversation.
He is not just my Supervisor, he is a Manager. We get along pretty well...

He asked if I was ready to go back to that shift.
I told him that I had learned quite a lot since being hired. And in fact, the maintenance PM daily sheets had been greatly reduced to the point that my presence at that shift would be mostly unproductive except for occasional need for repairs during that time frame.
He nodded in agreement.
I also mentioned some of the specialty tools that I have purchased since I was hired.

I told him that I felt comfortable in any shift or time that he felt that I could be productive and beneficial to the company.
He said that it was up to him and that he could move me to straight days if I wanted.
Many different time options were bantied about...but nothing was agreed to.
I believe that any 8 hour shift that I propose would be seriously considered.

All other maintenance techs leave around 5 pm.
Perhaps if I came in at 4 pm and worked until midnight, I could learn of needed repairs from the other techs before they left and be able to perform repairs before midnight.
Think I'll propose the 4-12 shift. A "True" second shift.

Seems to be the best for all involved. :thumbsup:

Best,

Scott

Added:
Also Friday, about 6 pm, a new employee driving a jack turned a corner too sharp and threw the 24V battery to the ground. A battery that weighs nearly a ton.
The battery hit the ground and started spilling acid on the floor.
I ran to the sight with safety traffic cones to block the path and told Tristan to get a case of baking soda to spread to neutralize the spill. I organized a response to include a forklift driver to lift the battery upright.
I was constantly aware of the safety of all involved. I provided safety glasses and gloves.
After about a half hour, it was under control and all that was left was clean-up.
After all was taken care of, I turned to Tristan and said, "Time for our break, ain't it?"
I'm certain that my response to the situation was noted....

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And,
I'm STILL waiting on the maid to show up.

I guess it's "Laundry Month" again.
Tomorrow is "Dishes Month."

When you consider reusing paper plates, it's time to do dishes. :laughing7:

Sheesh!

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight, while the washing machine cranks out it's song,
"Cha Cha Wank. Cha Cha Wank."
I'll tune my guitar and play my song!
And the dryer has it's own melody....

Soon, I'll have clean clothes and a new song!

Growing up, there were chores to be performed.
My Sister and my Dad stayed home to clean house.
I went with my Mom to the Laundromat to do laundry and then to the grocery store.
Every Sunday.
Yeah, I know how to fold clothes....

Sometimes I wonder what a family is now.
How a child can grow up knowing the love of clean clothes, a clean house, a breakfast in the morning before school, a filling meal for dinner and the love, security, encouragement and comfort of a future for their potential....
Perhaps my memory is only a dream of what should be....
Please forgive my melancholy thoughts....

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While accompanying my Mom to the laundromat, I followed her lead in cleaning the washers and dryers used. I became Friends with the attendant and the man who was responsible for repairs.

Several years later, I became the attendant and performed repairs at that very laundromat.
A part time job, yes, but one that due to past experiences I was proud to have.
I still have a letter of reference from that job. :thumbsup:
No matter what job that you may have, always be the best that you can be!

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clothes are folded and put away.

Dreams are all that I have left for tonight.

Perhaps you have heard of Fred Phelps from Topeka?

I rode my motorcycle to Topeka one summer night in July with my Sweetie in tow.
We had tickets to a concert and Fred and his ilk were there.

View attachment 1500287
My sweetie asked, "Who are those people?"
I said, "Never mind them. Just stay close to me and you have nothing to fear."

The concert was awesome!

It was at another Heart Concert that we attended after riding my cycle to Sandstone and she bumped someone, a "biker" looking dude and he spilled a couple of his beers. He was HOT MAD!
I told Sweetie to keep on walking, I'd handle it.

I stood face to face with the angry person and said, "Sorry 'bout that, Brother. Can I buy a beer for you and one for me to share?"
He smiled and said, "Sure, Brother!"

I bought two beers and we both chugged them together.
We then hugged and went on our way to enjoy the concert.

Yeah, an Ovation....

Hope all have pleasant dreams!

Scott

And how has the memories of your past treated you?
Perhaps it is not too late to make pleasant memories....The Holidays approach...
I wish that I could see my relatives once again...

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Be good to one 'nother, y'all, hear?

Soon, I'll be lost somewhere in my mountains, where no one will find me.
Wanna come along? I've a cup of fresh early morning mountain coffee for you!
Never mind the bears. I got that....
We'll chug a beer together! LOL!

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOP SUCKS!

A memory of my early military service that nearly caused me an Article 15 yet led to another facet.

At morning formation, it was stated that there would be a barracks inspection in 30 minutes.

Well, Friends, there was only one floor buffer for the entire 3 floors of barracks.

So, upon returning to my room, on the third floor, I opened the window and shouted down to the Quad, "TOP SUCKS!"

Top quickly looked up and saw a figure retreating from a window on the third floor.
He immediately demanded everyone from that room to be in his office.

Myself and my room mates were soon in his office.
He demanded to know who shouted the statement.

I spoke up and said, "Top, everyone else can leave. It was me."
About that time, my Platoon Sargent came in and said, "Top, I heard that you suck. Is it true?"
Well, Top was so flustered that he said, "All of you sons of B*tches get out of my office now!"
I'll never forget Sgt. Mayfield for saving my a$$ that day.
I volunteered for CQ for my Sgt. for a week. I was then assigned to other duties that I cannot tell.

About this time, two fellows visited me. They wore civilian suits and wanted me to consider their proposal.
I cannot discus their offer....
Scotty said, "No, Thank you."
They said, "We will always know of you."

I thought, Yeah, and be as drunk as me? I'm an 18 year old kid, for Christ sake!

Funny,
"Mensa" still has my address after all these years of moving all over the country and still wants me to join.
I'm suspicious....
Should I be?
Or shall I relent to their proposal?
This conversation will not be discussed again.
We all serve...don't we?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread