Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny, my father did 2 tours in Nam. Once with the First Cav, second tour 101st. He's actually my step dad. My real father POS, died in 1999. My parents divorced AFTER I left home. I was homeless my senior year in High school. I lived in a 1974 -75 ( somewhere in there, Chevy Blazer. I slept in my truck, the school janitor was nice to me. Sometimes he would police up food from lunch, and he and I would share dinner! I hunted with a 22 rifle, and I trapped!!!!! I would do my school studies with a kerosene lantern.......I enlisted at 17, and graduated top 10 in my high school!!!!! I served once in Iraq when the war started and 4 tours of Afghanistan before I got hurt. Probably (as I have heard) like you, I was in Home Depot wearing one of my shirts ( my favorite tshirt reads-Waterboard Instructor. So this elderly man calls me a baby killer at Home Depot. I said "excuse me?" I wasn't bothering anyone. He says it again........ WRONG!!! I said as I picked up an ax, "your damn right I'm a baby killer, too bad I didn't kill your momma's baby! I set the ax down, got in my truck and thought of my 56 friends that have passed away, then I went home...... Thank you for your service my friend and I'm sorry this GD country took so long to thank you!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
45, I think there should be a "hospitality visit" you and I should get together and go see Scotts mountains and then we'll "kidnap " Scott and the 3 of us drop by Uncle Bills, nab him. Grab RC and the rest of the Wolfpack and raid OV's house!!!!! I got the beer!!!!

Certainly y'all should come to see Scotty. I'll be your guide to my Mountains.

But first, let me finish this high stakes poker tourney....

All In.JPG
Think I'll go, "ALL IN!"

Here's hoping for the Best, Johnny.

Always in my thoughts,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I won't be able to go in this Saturday to paint stripes in the parking lot. So I told Tristan that he could get some overtime.
I already have over 8 hours of overtime for last week.....

My Wine and Cheese store Friend called and his Daughter bought a house and wants me to rekey the locks and install a lock and key them all the same on Saturday.

I told him that I'd certainly do it!

I have to call her in the morning to finalize details.

Y'all be good, hear?

Best,

Scott

PS.
Yep. Won that tourney. Did anyone have any doubts?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are all a bunch of great guys, and I enjoy our visits. Catch you on my next rounds.

The "Critters," The "Wolf Pack," and I are grateful for your Service and am glad that you have found us.

What a motley crew we are. :headbang:

God Bless you, God Bless our Veterans and Active Service Members and God Bless America! :usflag:

Be Well, my Brother!

Always my Best Wishes,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing tomorrow at work, I have another riser to replace.
This time, Tristan will assist and learn.
I'll take my camera....
Sheesh!
Two risers in 3 days?
It's already on it's side and I've already removed the caster assemblies.

I also told Tristan that I'd bring lunch again for us tomorrow.
A cheeseburger, chips and a salad.
I also told him that I'd give him a fish today and teach him to catch one for himself for tomorrow.
Feel me?

He has many issues including his food budget.
I told him that my Friends will never go hungry.
Yep, Tristan is under my wing.....
I spend much time with him and frequently give my advice, based upon my past mistakes and experiences.
I told him that I'll give him advice.
He might not like my advice.....He can take it or not.
But that I'd never give him bad advice.

---------------------------------

Just sent a message to Bill Kokaly, who is Congressman Doug Collin's assistant.
I basically stated that I was an advocate of Veteran's issues and to contact me anytime if I could be of any assistance.

Exact message will be posted later.

Good Night, Friends!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Glories, I am up before noon had my first cup of coffee-n-chicories and I am off the the bank for some spending cash. Catch you latter.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Memories of a Dead Soldier:

It was around 2001 and I had been in Group Therapy for about a year and a half, we really had a bunch of great guys and gaining more each week. The group was headed by a young female Phd and her supervisor came in to monitor the session. Everyone signed and the first thing that was asked by the young Phd was "What could be done to improve the group?" They all said "Put Johnny in charge of the group." When the session ended the young Phd came up to me and said "Don't come back again." I headed her wishes and never returned. A few weeks later I went to my appointment with the Psychiatrist. He then told me she had been fired for sleeping with one her patents. I told him "I guess, I should had nailed her when I had the chance."

Next month will be twelve years with out a drink, or a meeting. Five years without a cigarette, but I do smoke a pipe from time to time.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,

I admire your determination....it's amazing what we can accomplish when we put our mind to it.

I still drink beer but quit drinking wine about 1 year ago but only because of allergies from the histamines....lol.

I stopped smoking last December cold turkey and haven't touched one since not easy but I refuse to let the habit beat me.

Regards + HH

Bill

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 45!!! I too have a .45 but not a 1911. Mine is a Springfield. Why Springfield??? Cause it has a " threaded barrel" hehehe. Yepper got the tax stamps too!!!!! Hehehe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions