CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some pics of the riser repair.

IMG_1881.JPG IMG_1882.JPG IMG_1883.JPG IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1887.JPG IMG_1889.JPG IMG_1891.JPG IMG_1892.JPG IMG_1893.JPG

Got that one finished and was told there's ANOTHER one to do today!

Them drivers are killing me!

Keepin' busy!

Best,

Scott

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ok I had to. Joke of the day--What's the fluid capacity of Monica Lewinsky's mouth?

One US leader.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,
Look on the bright side those cowboy forklift drivers are keeping you and your protege gainfully employed.

Regards + HH

Bill

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TGF, bottom far right, Colt LC45. like the one used by General George Patton. I have more, and have started working on a Civil War. One of my sons has this one hanging in his office, Jason.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

This one is for the veterans both on this thread and elsewhere.

Dire Straits & Eric Clapton - Brothers in Arms.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home.

Lots of overtime on the next check! :thumbsup:

Oh, they didn't tell me that BOTH risers are needing to be replaced on the jack for today.

I had to work on several other jacks first: changing drive wheels, load wheels etc.

I didn't get started on the risers until about 8 o'clock.
Tristan leaves at 8 'cause he has school in the morning.

I got as far as removing the caster assemblies, removed the shafts from the "chops" and the nuts from the toe section.

Of course, other drivers interupted me to change a load wheel here or adjust the forks there....
Guess what I'm doing tomorrow.

Still not too much work for an old man!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some pics from today....

2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg

And here's a drive wheel that needed to be replaced...

6.jpg

This old man can dig it!

5.jpg

4.jpg

Goodnight, Friends.

Tomorrow will come soon enough!

Best,

Scott

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
45_Johnny, many years ago after Jump School, I had some leave and visited one of my pals from basic. He got stationed at Ft Knox. If anybody reads this, enjoys military history, Ft Knox has one heck of a military museum. You see Patton was a collector and after battles he sent pieces home. It's called the Patton museum. Anyway I saw one of Pattons pistols there. I am told the other is at West Point. And yes....... I got to shoot an M-60 tank!!!! Yes there is a story there and it's funny

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,
I thought this free ebook may be useful to your protege Tristan. It's called the Richest Man in Babylon and it's written in parables on how to save and spend your money wisely it was written in 1926 but the lessons are just as valid today as they were then. Feel free to print or share the link with him or yourself if you wish as the patent has expired and this book is now public domain.

Same applies to the other members of the thread.

http://thepdi.com/Richest Man in Babylon.pdf

Regards + HH

Bill

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Scott,
I thought this free ebook may be useful to your protege Tristan. It's called the Richest Man in Babylon and it's written in parables on how to save and spend your money wisely it was written in 1926 but the lessons are just as valid today as they were then. Feel free to print or share the link with him or yourself if you wish as the patent has expired and this book is now public domain.

Same applies to the other members of the thread.

http://thepdi.com/Richest Man in Babylon.pdf

Regards + HH

Bill

I read that years ago ,along with others . A time when lint in my pocket was the sum of my assets basically. ( Success! I have more lint today..)
Maybe it was the book that suggested keeping accumulated gold/ wealth and spending the interest ,but better yet ,putting the interest to work earning interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions