jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th. I know I did.

Here is a pic of the lake near my house at dusk just before the fireworks. The whole town comes out to watch the fireworks over this lake. How beautiful, huh?

Attachments

• tuklake1.jpg
    tuklake1.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 78
  • tuklake2.jpg
    tuklake2.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 80

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Another tune for your enjoyment.

When a man loves a woman - David Foster and Michael Bolton and Seal.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I made it out for some detecting and scored several coins, one being a 1940 wheaty. Tomorrow is vinyl slider install day. It really sucks replacing a french door that is only about 3 years old due to rot from splashing rain water. :angry4::angry4:

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
What you are about to read is a true story. Names may or may not have been changed to protect the innocent, but every word of it is true.

So...I was giving the baby a bath with my wife when he started squirming and then inadvertently or intentionally whacked me across the face. I responded in my normal way by looking towards the heavens; as I have a tendency to do when I get bad luck. Whilest I am looking upwards I notice the light fixtures are rather rusty. I say to my wife, "Woman, did you notice how rusty those fixtures are?" She laughs at me, and replies, "There are many things in this house that need changing." Well, I take this as a full frontal assault on my manhood and offer to take her to Lowe's today and change them out. She is happy, I pound my chest like a gorilla, and all is well.

Next, we throw the baby in the car and drive to Lowe's. She picks out some new lighting and I agree to buy them. Then she says...o, but they don't match the faucet. "No problem", I say, "would you like for me to change out the faucet as well?" " O yes! That would be lovely," she says. So, we go to the bathroom aisle and she falls in love with a new faucet. Everything is great, right? Wrong, she then decides that she likes different lighting to match the faucet. We had back to the lighting aisle and she picks out new lighting. Unfortunately, this lighting has a much smaller base. I explain to my wife that the old lighting is going to leave an ugly rim where it used to be and the paint will be an off color. It takes her a while to grasp this...but, she does. Then she turns to me, "You know, that strip of wallpaper has been rotting off. Why don't you take it down, repaint the bathroom, and then we can put up these fixtures." Are you kidding me?

Next, we had off to the paint aisle and purchase paint and painting supplies. With cart full we head to the cash register, make the purchases and head home. I take down the old light fixtures then get under the sink to take out the faucet. Well...the cheap jackass who last owned the house somehow managed to fuse the nut from the faucet to the water line (luckily above the water cut off.) I bust out the WD-40 but no dice. The copper wire turns instead of the nut. Great, I WD-40 the water supply line to the cut off valve and that one turns. Whew! I can replace the water line later.

Next, I take down the shower curtains, empty the bathroom, and remove the casing around the light switches. I'm about to start taking off the wallpaper when my wife says, "How are you going to paint behind the toilet?" I reply, "I wasn't going to. It will be hard to see back there." My wife answers, "O no, that would look horrible." Can't you take the toilet out like you did at the old apartment?" Seriously? So, I turn off the water to the toilet and take that out from the wall. When I do this I discover the O ring has disintegrated. Great! Now, the toilet bottom is in such bad shape that I have to go back to Lowe's tomorrow and most likely get a new one. I doubt they sell those rings on the side and even if they did I have no idea how I would get what is left of the old one out of the toilet bottom.

Anyways, I take down the old wallpaper, tape all the edges, throw on two coats of paint, and drop from exhaustion. I'll have to get the rest done tomorrow as I am exhausted and feel like I'm going to die. All this because my son splashed me in the face while I was helping with the bath, I opened my big mouth, and refused to let the subtle insult to my manhood go. This is the most unfortunate chain of events I have seen in quite some time.

Crispin
Ps. When I get the strength I'm going to the store to buy some Guinness. I would say that I earned it!

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,
When you say "O ring," do you mean the wax ring?
If so, they can be had for about $5.
Make sure you get one thick enough.
Also, probably wouldn't hurt to get new bolts and caps.
You can remove the old wax ring with a $.39 disposable plastic putty knife.

Depending on how old the supply lines are to the faucet and toilet,
you may want to replace them also.
Same for the sink drain pipes.
As long as your "committed...."

Wish I was there to help ya buddy.
I can do all of that but I hate to paint....

Best,

PS.
Do you not have an exhaust fan?
That's one of the main reasons for rust in bathrooms.
Building code dictates an exhaust fan if there is no window.
They're not too hard to install.....

Scott​

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Thanks for the chuckles......oh the joys of home ownership.....at least you didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin,

Never show emotion in front of your wife, last time I did, I had to replace the siding on the front of the house with ceder shingles, put in 2 4x5 insulated windows, just so the house could be painted.........Guess who is the process of doing that!........Go figure.......Gary

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin,
When you say "O ring," do you mean the wax ring?
If so, they can be had for about $5.
Make sure you get one thick enough.
Also, probably wouldn't hurt to get new bolts and caps.
You can remove the old wax ring with a $.39 disposable plastic putty knife.

Depending on how old the supply lines are to the faucet and toilet,
you may want to replace them also.
Same for the sink drain pipes.
As long as your "committed...."

Wish I was there to help ya buddy.
I can do all of that but I hate to paint....

Best,

PS.
Do you not have an exhaust fan?
That's one of the main reasons for rust in bathrooms.
Building code dictates an exhaust fan if there is no window.
They're not too hard to install.....

Scott​

Yup, its the wax ring. I didn't know what to call it. Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow with the rest. I have to replace one supply line to the sink so I might was well do the other as well. The supply line to the toilet is in pretty good shape. We have an exhaust fan. The last ones rusted because they were cheap-o Made in China and not real stainless steel.

Thanks for the advice, if I run into problems I send you a PM,

Crispin

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't use the stainless steel wrapped supply lines though. They have a tendency to transmit ground and break at the most inopportune time. Use the white vinyl ones, with the built in compression fittings on each end. Thin roller or paint pad next time for behind the toilet tank, you'll never see a painter get talked into pulling the bowl and changing the wax ring.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ring replaced always a good thing,needs it sometime. All those bees working so long to make the wax.
Sorry can,t resist but now you,ll be busy minding your own beeswax. (boo,hiss).:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Au24K or Bill,

Got a question:

Who is this irresistible creature that has an insatiable love for the dead?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

While Au24K is puzzling that one out I have a request to honor our Captain of the Homeguard, Ammon..."Move..***** get out the way." By Ludacris.

Thanks,
Crispin

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

You been hanging out in the hood again bro....lol....

Here you go.....

Bill,

While Au24K is puzzling that one out I have a request to honor our Captain of the Homeguard, Ammon..."Move..***** get out the way." By Ludacris.

Thanks,
Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread