CRISPINS CRITTERS

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
[video]http://th443.photobucket.com/albums/qq158/Barbie_lee3089/th_egghead_jr-715241.jpg[/video]:icon_study::evil5::read2::coffee::icon_cheers:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[video]http://th443.photobucket.com/albums/qq158/Barbie_lee3089/th_egghead_jr-715241.jpg[/video]

Yes, I own one, a fine antique, rosewood, I believe,
and, do you need instructions my Friend?

My Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I own one, a fine antique, rosewood, I believe,
and, do you need instructions my Friend?

My Best,

Scott

Oh, wait.....

I sold it a couple of years ago, once I felt confident of the internet....

$350 US Dollars.

I was hungry....

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I was Hungry."

A strong motivator of actions.
Some actions that would only be attempted, due to hunger,
are recorded almost daily in newspapers across the country.

"Man steals bread to feed his family"

"Mother steals milk to feed her child."

What would you do to feed yourself if you were hungry?

Would you steal?
Would you "play the fool?"
Would you sell your most valued possessions?
"Souvenirs?"

Friends,
I HAVE been hungry,
and I've lost items to the pawn broker, I've played the fool,
I've found dinner in a dumpster, and I Know
pretty much how to survive.

It ain't all pretty, my life, but,
I'm still here! :thumbsup:

My Best,

Scott

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
ssshhh Gary, I'm forming a war party. Being half Blackfoot, half wolf, and half Crow, I intend a night attack.

Hummm... that's only 3 half's, what's the forth half, critter?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gary owens.jpg

"And now, This just in. There's water on the bottom of the ocean."

Once in a Lifetime....
Make it count!

Best,

Scott​

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

Spent my undergraduate years in forestry school working 3 jobs, studying, hitting the city on Friday night's,( 25 cent beer!), and supplying my needs from the outdoors that I was learning the workins of......ran traplines, hunted, fished, foraged, gardened in the summer, and made all my food supplies without a supermarket.....first day may wife visited the trailer I was living in, she found 3 geese hanging in the shower from my trip home from a lab on timber harvesting. 4 years, no loans, no grants( except the ones I wrote for my employment at the school), no, schlarships.....paid cash and left with a degree, a job as research tech., and instructor and 5 years later a graduate degree, and a move to go out on my own.....been there ever since....still the same lifestyle......and retireing this coming Feb.

I admire professional students, and while I miss the academic life from time to time, I'm glad that I'm doing what I have always wanted to, own everything, and at peace with my surroundings,( the world is another story). Keep at it, an education, and the art of learning is more important then tons of other everyday pursuits.....do what you are most comfortable with and enjoy....Gary

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

Spent my undergraduate years in forestry school working 3 jobs, studying, hitting the city on Friday night's,( 25 cent beer!), and supplying my needs from the outdoors that I was learning the workins of......ran traplines, hunted, fished, foraged, gardened in the summer, and made all my food supplies without a supermarket.....first day may wife visited the trailer I was living in, she found 3 geese hanging in the shower from my trip home from a lab on timber harvesting. 4 years, no loans, no grants( except the ones I wrote for my employment at the school), no, schlarships.....paid cash and left with a degree, a job as research tech., and instructor and 5 years later a graduate degree, and a move to go out on my own.....been there ever since....still the same lifestyle......and retireing this coming Feb.

I admire professional students, and while I miss the academic life from time to time, I'm glad that I'm doing what I have always wanted to, own everything, and at peace with my surroundings,( the world is another story). Keep at it, an education, and the art of learning is more important then tons of other everyday pursuits.....do what you are most comfortable with and enjoy....Gary
Gary,
You gonna make Uncle Scott relate another story, ain't you?

OK, Let me find my glasses,

OK,

Back in the late 70's, when I was discharged from the Army, I applied for a "Forestry" Ranger
in my then "Home State" of Kansas.

I had went through the application process and was offered a position in Western Kansas.

I had just gotten married and bought a house in North-east Kansas, Lawrence, through a VA loan,
and decided to turn the offer down.

Yes, we all make some dumb choices in our lives....
But, really, this was 30 some years ago.

I HOPE that I'm wiser now.....:icon_scratch:

Short story from Uncle Scott....

Best,
As Always,

Scott

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that we have all made decisions that we regret, my wife insists that I should have stayed at the Univ., but also knows what happens when I get bored......I needed the everyday change in routine, and the making up of my own schedule and making my own way.....That's the American dream in the old day's......not sure about now. Gary

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good choise...thank you...I was blessed to interview david byrne in days past.
at ASU
Thank You!

Probably my favorite Talking Heads.....

With Tina Weymouth, that hard-working gal on the bass, who formed her own group...

Best,

Scott

PS.
Have you still any notes concerning that interview?​

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
By late seventies going west was only hope of an outdoor career.Even then being on the move when opportunity presented itself was still required to advance.
A family friend did,starting in early seventies. Bounced west ,then north,west again eventually met a gal in similar field to marry.
A quiet couple with a more than encyclopedic knowledge of the outdoors each, let alone combined.
Last i heard they had a place in Idaho, leaning it towards retirement in a chosen version of paradise.
So anyway, i chased the tall dollar and turned my back on what i liked most about life.
Suppose its no shock when i encourage youth to pursue what they are passionate about regardless of the pay or challenge of access.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By late seventies going west was only hope of an outdoor career.Even then being on the move when opportunity presented itself was still required to advance.
A family friend did,starting in early seventies. Bounced west ,then north,west again eventually met a gal in similar field to marry.
A quiet couple with a more than encyclopedic knowledge of the outdoors each, let alone combined.
Last i heard they had a place in Idaho, leaning it towards retirement in a chosen version of paradise.
So anyway, i chased the tall dollar and turned my back on what i liked most about life.
Suppose its no shock when i encourage youth to pursue what they are passionate about regardless of the pay or challenge of access.

RC,
My Friend,
You always seem to enter the thread with "relevant"
tales, advice and hope.

I'm proud to be called your Friend.

Best,

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread