CRISPINS CRITTERS

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Guys.....headed off to watch Ancient Aliens on History......working on completing my family tree......see you all tomorrow.....Gary

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NH Bandit that is awesome and priceless. I was given a family heir loom before the passing of my grandmother my gggg however many great grandfather fought for the south during the civil war and I have his war torn and battered Confederate flag. Unique story he lived in Virginia didn't want anything to do with the war , he was a pig farmer and noticed his hogs were disappearing. So he got a bunch of rifles, climbed up in a tree and the North was stealing his hogs to feed his troops so one night he killed about 10 of them Yankee boys, a local Confederate Captain heard of what he did and recruited him.......anyway I have the flag given to me by his grand daughter my grandmother before her passing in 2009....... Oh and towards the end he was given a week furlough and got caught and spent a year in a Nortern POW camp!!!! I guess I get my shooting abilities from him, devil Dave they called him! Cool story I think. He just wanted to farm and be left alone

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys and gals are family to me I wish I found you a long time ago but glad I have you now going to old Virginie tomorrow wife wants to see her family, me I guess I do too great group of people always treated me well begone for a few days see how cold it is maybe go to a ski resort and try not to break anything. Talk to everyone in about a week Happy New Year!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks partner I love history too..... But we can shake hands and let bygone be by Gones hehehe

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're good. I just got home from "getting off my lazy a$$ and taking the wife shopping"... I did need to grab a small shadow box though while we were out to display a Silver sugar spoon I'm giving to my daughter when I see her now that she's in her late 30s and will take good care of it. It's been handed down through the family for several generations and belonged to a g,g,g,g,g grandmother who she is named after and is monogrammed with her initials. The ancestor it belonged to was born in 1828 so it's got a bit of history.

That sounds like a wonderful piece of history and I would be grateful if I had anything near that old as a family heirloom, keep the history alive within as best that you can. I'm actually looking at purchasing a shadow box for some of my finds and would be appreciative if you could give me a general idea where to find one at a good price.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all about the people from both sides coming together and concurring a common evil. Once we realize that we the people have a common ground, we can then work in conjunction regarding the healing of this Planet...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Guys.....headed off to watch Ancient Aliens on History......working on completing my family tree......see you all tomorrow.....Gary
The tv show Ancient Aliens doesn't have anything to do with the completion of your family tree does it? :o I couldn't just leave that reply hanging there like that! :laughing7:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
That sounds like a wonderful piece of history and I would be grateful if I had anything near that old as a family heirloom, keep the history alive within as best that you can. I'm actually looking at purchasing a shadow box for some of my finds and would be appreciative if you could give me a general idea where to find one at a good price.
I got it at Hobby Lobby and all that stuff is 50% off at the moment. Do you have that chain of stores in Canada ?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Thanks partner I love history too..... But we can shake hands and let bygone be by Gones hehehe

I have a direct descendant (George Wadsworth) who was killed by indians in 1676 during King Phillips War. King Philip's War and the "Sudbury Fight" My wife is part Mohawk. I don't hold it against her... lol

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NH,

We all have a little alien in us......I also had descendents in King Philips War, and have a bit of Mohawk blood......see, we are all closer then we think......Best of Holidays my friend......Gary

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
NH,

We all have a little alien in us......I also had descendents in King Philips War, and have a bit of Mohawk blood......see, we are all closer then we think......Best of Holidays my friend......Gary

I see it we are all Brothers and Sisters coming from an original pair.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chris,

And in the vein thought I'd post up this song...

Playing for Change - Gimme Shelter.

It's all about the people from both sides coming together and concurring a common evil. Once we realize that we the people have a common ground, we can then work in conjunction regarding the healing of this Planet...

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't go camping.
Got sick the night before....
Dang bug goin' 'round....
Slept all day on Christmas.

Maybe New Years?
--------

School starts soon...
New subjects to add to and reinforce my knowledge.
Some type of math, with the word "quantitative" in the course title, :dontknow:
and Geology.
Guess I'd better start looking into purchasing the required textbooks, as cheaply as possible....

Still eating ramen and sushi when I can afford it....

Still no word on the check from the College....
The funds sit idle....

Dang Truck insurance due, PO box due, gas, groceries....
clint 6.jpg
"Anyone else want a piece of me?"

So, I work on eBay items for sale, search bags of cents for "the rare one" and hope
that one day, all of my searches and endeavors will pay off.

Hope all received a blessing for Christmas and
look forward to a prosperous New Year!

A Fantastic guitarist who puts his emphasis, heart and soul into the music that he plays....
Tommy Emmanuel.

An Artist that I stumbled upon while doing research for an Honor's History Project.....
"Lewis and Clark."

(notice the capo)
Music has a way of transcending, no?

I pay attention to lyrics, also....

Time to get back into the "academia mode."

Always,

My Best Wishes,

Scott

ADDED:

A genuine 1998-P WAM for the first to prove the title of the song played by Tommy starting at 5:45,
of the first YouTube selection....

I will send a highly collectible 1998 Lincoln Cent "WAM" to the first person to post verifiable proof of the song.
I will pay all postage.

Trivia?
austin pwers.jpg
"Yeah, Baby!"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread