Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought the same thing.I was swinging the detector and saw a piece of crock,leaned over to pick it up and it was buried.I had to dig it out of the ground.Maybe being buried helped it I don't know.Very well could be a modern one that was thrown out years ago.It just seems odd to be found way out in the woods by an old homestite that hasn't been lived in since the 50's.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That's in a lot better shape than the 3 gal. crocks I use to make sauerkraut. :D

Nice find.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! This one looks newer to me--it's certainly not 1800's, but it looks similar to types of crockery I've seen from the 50's and 60's.

-Buckleboy

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its a great find and I wwill agree with Buckleboy on the era.....But....even the oldest crocks will maintain the high gloss and shiny look after years in the ground....I have dug bowls,crocks and moonshine jugs that still look like new....

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
davesx said:
Pottery Barn ;D
I don't think so.

Gypsyheart said:
Its a great find and I wwill agree with Buckleboy on the era.....But....even the oldest crocks will maintain the high gloss and shiny look after years in the ground....I have dug bowls,crocks and moonshine jugs that still look like new....

Thanks Gypsy, I have dug bottles and crocks as well,and they always look like new when buried.Exposure to the elements does more harm than good.

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
man, that thing looks like brand new. it will be a nice item to hand down to the next generation.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
really nice .. great find ,,, guzz1

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nice find there ;)

What does it measure?

Looks just like one I had back in the late 70's.....bought it from Fingerhut! lol ;D

But, I agree with Gypsy. I've dug a lot of good looking glass/crock over the years. Some; damn near perfect :o

S

stefen

I think that some of you are giving this guy a crock-of-you-know-what. ;)

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
stefen said:
I think that some of you are giving this guy a crock-of-you-know-what. ;)

No What?

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice comments guys and gals. This is enough to keep this member from ever posting again in my opinion! I never knew we had so many "crock" experts on here. I found a piece similar to this a few years ago and thought it was to new looking to be anything also. Turns out it was a hundred dollar piece and is sitting proudly on my shelf of keeper finds.

Hey HB don't throw it in the scrap pile yet until you get it ID by someone who knows what there talking about! It could turn out to be a great old find!

KFB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread