Great find! I found this place :)

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
I seem to be unable to locate the correct board for howdies :) While I've been a reading member for a while, I haven't posted until today. So mods, please move to the right board if needed.

I only get the chance to MD on the beach on vacation, but I love every second of it. I love history, the personal side of it,Rev.War era mostly, and MDing just fits right in with that. So far I've only netted a pile of modern US coins, large odd chunks of iron, and a bit of copper, all from the Onslow beach area. That said, anyone in that area, we, as a family, burried a cache on the beach for a lucky MD person, along with a postcard. As of this April, it still must sit there :)

We are military, currently in Ohio, by way of NorthDakota, Indiana, Missouri, and getting ready to pack up and move along again.

I've truely enjoyed reading the finds here, and hope to add to them soon.
Caryl

Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big welcome ! Tnet is a great place to hang out! What part of ND were you all in? I am at Minot right now.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Caryl!!

Where are you at now? and where are you going next?

Any finds are great finds when your having fun! We have alot of Milatary people on here so you are not alone in that!
Maybe when you get settled you can hunt some parks or someplace, you might even find some other MDers nearby! Hope to see some pics of your finds when you have time to post them! HH ;D

Mental Granny--Evy

OP
OP
C

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Yup, we were in WhyNOTMinot, Delta drive. I planted enough trees when I lived up there to start my own mill. I miss it horribly, although I hear my trees are doing nicely.

We are moving in June, but to where we still do not have orders. Drives me batty. Forgot to add, we are currently at WrightPatterson, Ohio.

I'm hoping to get persmission from a local builder to MD a local farm that was razed to fill with new built homes. It had been a 1880s farmhouse, and barn. Sounds like a muddy blast to me :D

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
the great thing about MDing is you can do it anywhere that you can think of. At least if if you have permission.......

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to meet ya...and welcome... post away on your finds..we love seeing em..

Big ole Howdy to ya.
Booty

OP
OP
C

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
rtde3 said:
Welcome to T-net!
I like the" burried a cache on the beach for a lucky MD person, along with a postcard."
Idea! I hope you sealed that post card in plastic real good! ;D

In tupperware, then in a vacuum sealed bag. That's how I found this place. I was hoping to see SOMEONE claim it online. So far no luck.

OP
OP
C

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Nope. I planted it in a high sunbathing zone,the goody zone, above the storm tide, not horrificly deep. I tested it with the coils several times before we left.

OP
OP
C

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
yup, even added a bit more postage incase rates went up before the goodies were found :)

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Welcome-2.jpg
It's great to have you with us, Caryl! Keep posting!

Attachments

• Welcome-2.jpg
    Welcome-2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 454

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why you would miss Minot,it was 17 below this morning. Wright Pat sounds real good! LOL

OP
OP
C

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
You haven't seen fun up there until you hit -82 and have your split level house COMPLETELY under a drift and have to shovel out the heating vent on the roof ! I miss it because it was honest, clean, fun, BEAUTIFUL, and a kind military community.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread