Crossed the 5,000 coin threshold today

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey gang,

Had a kindof lousy day and very few findings but when I did my totals I realized that I crossed the 5,000 mark...5,023 clad coins! (Not including foreign coins or tokens)

Slept in this morning, I was up quite late reading posts. Sometimes I forget how late its getting. Anyway, I didn't get out till after 2. Decided to check out a nearby town that I haven't detected...its kind of a rich town so I figured maybe they have lost some good stuff that I can claim for my own (he says greedily).

Stopped at two tot lots on the way to that town. I should have quit then, between the two tot lots I only found 2 dimes, 4 nickels and 12 pennies! Talk about a large waste of time, it cost me more than that just starting my car!

Found the first Elementary school and it had a really nice tot lot. Unfortunately after spending more than an hour there I only found 1 dime and 3 pennies. I believe that there have been detectors before me...hahaha. Oh yeah, found a beat up toy van too.

The next park tot lot only netted 2 Quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickel and 8 pennies..and a car that was made in China. Just my luck, it probably has lead paint!

The last park had one of those tot lots with all the wood fencing around it...the kind that contains a maze. The first signal was a quarter, next one a dime, followed by a nickel and a small kids ring. After the great start it turned to crap (except for the .925 toe ring that was on the surface...didn't even need the M6 to find that one). Only netted the toe ring, 2 quarters, 3 nickels, 3 dimes and 5 pennies. So, 44 coins, but that put me over the 5,000 mark. I guess I can cross that town off my list. Only one month until bowhunting season so if I'm going to hit 6,000 I'd better hurry!

Coins8-31.jpg
Coins8-31a.jpg

Have a good weekend friends and find lots of good stuff for us to look at next week!

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sounds like a trying day Bob, but at least you got a keeper.
Congrats on that and best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like a good day to me ! congrats on passing 5,000 and the silver ;)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Congrats on the Milestone Bob. That's a heck of a lot of digin'. If you skip Bow hunting you might hit the 8,000 mark. hehe HH

Desertfox

OP
OP
Prober

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
desertfox said:
Congrats on the Milestone Bob. That's a heck of a lot of digin'. If you skip Bow hunting you might hit the 8,000 mark. hehe HH

Desertfox

Somehow I don't see that happening Fox! ;D

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done Bob, that is quite a record ;D Wish you all the best for the next season.

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread