Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still on vacation and still working on the house that should have been done last Monday. Several delays and now we have bad weather. I do get out detecting, helps to keep the sanity, LOL.
31Aug07house.jpg

Here’s the better finds of the week. This bullet case is a normal find however, this one had been converted into some kind of container. I opened it and it broke, empty.
31Aug07bullet.jpg

A few of the more interesting buttons, found several plain and flat.
31Aug07buttons.jpg

The relics, a watch winder, blue glass button that is hard to see, some kind of mount for maybe a harness decoration and a nice lead seal.
31Aug07relics.jpg

Reverse of the mount piece and lead seal, the lead seal has a lot of design on it.
31Aug07RelicsR.jpg

A nice button shows a knight on horseback carrying a spear of type. Below the knight is the date 1486, I wonder what the significance is of the date, surely not the age of the button? Around the legend are 16 different coats of arms. It was gold plated and has a French look to it.
31Aug07FRbutO.jpg

Reverse of the button, still has a lot of gold plating.
31Aug07FRbutR.jpg

This button appears to be a German government Railroad issue, shows a very old train with a crown above it. Look at that old train, maybe early to mid 1800s.
31Aug07RRbutO.jpg

Reverse of the RR button.
31Aug07RRbutR.jpg

Found about 18 coins. The tiny copper on the left was folded and worn so I opened it, it cracked of course but has details as I suspected, it has three coats of arms on it. The middle silver could be a hammered but is very worn and I can’t make out the details very well. The right silver is a milled and again, so worn I can’t make out anything on it. HH, Mike
31Aug07silver.jpg

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"the lead seal has a lot of design on it." - This is a Late Medieval Cloth Seal - Sealed bounded cloth as a quality mark for trade.

The Knight button is lovely but is most likely 17-18th century.

The Clock winders are quite a common find for me at the moment & I think they are 1920s.

Great collection.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needs more research but the 1486 button maybe to do with:

"World chronicle by Hartmann Schedel is published by Anton Koberger in Nuremberg
Friedrich III. dies; Maximilian I. of Habsburg ("The last knight"), German king since 1486, becomes his successor
Division of the new world between Spain and Portugal by a judgement call of Pope Alexander VI"

http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/MaximilianI.html

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments and info Crusader! I will have to do some research. HH, Mike

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Thanks for the comments and info Crusader! I will have to do some research. HH, Mike

Just added another link.

Button could be 1786 - 300 year anniversary!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice mix of finds there! There is nothing like a little metal detecting to keep your sanity, it works for me all the time.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds ,Mike I like the buttons :o :o :o

tinpan

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds Mike ! always like to look at your post congrats ;)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o As always, Way To Go my friend! Sure wish I could be there swinging with you. By the way, even being a little Peachy the house looks good. Mama has a good eye for color.
HH Mike

Desertfox

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs again as always, Mike. I would love for you to post your whole collection sometime.

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! Hey Birdman, I wish I had the time to post all my finds. I have been detecting for 18 years and have been a hard core relic hunter the last 5 years, too many finds.
Crusader, the button seems to be made from an image of a coin minted in 1496 and dates to the 1700s or 1800s. Just got back from a short hunt, found two silvers and a few goodies I'm going to post. I will get back to the button later as I have to look at that site better, just did a quick read through. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread