Crowdsourcing to uncover the history that lies hidden beneath the waves.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Old man.....looks like I'm persona non thingy.....ha ha....oh well.....
Don't feel bad. It's not the first time, someone didn't want to play and took their marbles home and didn't want to play with you.
It's been too quiet here. I don't think he really wants to go forward. Time to move on. They're his marbles.

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Off to UK Tuesday night for my mums 90 th on Thursday,

Great idea to then get something going in June when I get back, I'll do your British. Museum map room search in London and send you your wreck location when I track it down.....if it's on one of the maps we'll find it.....

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast

Great idea to then get something going in June when I get back, I'll do your British. Museum map room search in London and send you your wreck location when I track it down.....if it's on one of the maps we'll find it.....
Kevin, thanks for going to the map room for me. Tell your mum, one of the Colonials said, Happy Birthday.

We'll hit one of those wrecks when you get back.
I don't turn down help. I make partners out of those I work with.

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tell your Mum I said Happy Birthday.

Engine

OP
OP
T

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
Crowd sourcing for specific talents.

Scout:

we need a person who is skilled in scouting out:
locations,
local conditions
local logistics
This scout needs to go to to the region of a shipwreck and check the weather and sea conditions.
Talk to local dive companies and find out about diving conditions in the area,seasonality, equipment that is available cost of dives etc.
Make a few dives to get a feel of the area.
Find out if there has been any salvage or archaeological digs done at the spot.
What is the cost of living?
Where can the operations crew stay?

This person needs to have experience in searching for shipwrecks and working on colonial era shipwrecks.

Before the scout goes to the location, as much as possible of these questions need to be researched through the internet. This can be done by the same person or a different person.

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Crowd sourcing for specific talents.

Scout:

we need a person who is skilled in scouting out:
locations,
local conditions
local logistics
This scout needs to go to to the region of a shipwreck and check the weather and sea conditions.
Talk to local dive companies and find out about diving conditions in the area,seasonality, equipment that is available cost of dives etc.
Make a few dives to get a feel of the area.
Find out if there has been any salvage or archaeological digs done at the spot.
What is the cost of living?
Where can the operations crew stay?

This person needs to have experience in searching for shipwrecks and working on colonial era shipwrecks.

Before the scout goes to the location, as much as possible of these questions need to be researched through the internet. This can be done by the same person or a different person.

I can do that. Where do we start?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread