ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'Dad's Lucky Hunt!!!

Whilst I was down the pub, Dad was still trying for likely places ready for the weekend. It was another huge Barley stubble field, which we had never hunted but had very little going for it!

He only hunted for 1.5 hours & got a very lucky find & it happened as follows;

He had dug up 2 large plough shears & was carrying them to the edge quickly to get them off the field. He got another banging signal & thought he was in for another plough bit but dug a:

Charles I
1642-43
Halfcrown
King on horse back riding left
[CARLOVS.D.G.MA]G.BRI.FRA.ET.HIB.[R]EX

Oval draped shield
Bugle mint mark
Truro Mint
[CHRISTO.AVSPI]CE.RE[GNO]

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

This is now our largest denomination of hammered ever found ;D

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,553
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,546
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,537
Upvote 0

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Cru'Dad's Lucky Hunt!!!

WOODY50 said:
Nice Coin! CruDad is really working at it.

Tell us, in your last message you mentioned what a half-groot would buy and be worth, what about a half-crown? (is a crown a half pound?)
Great find, say Hello to CruDad for me!

I think a Crown is a 1/4 of a pound. I will pass on your wishes :thumbsup: I hope to hunt with you some day in the future, it was a blast & you make me look slow :laughing9:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o

One I missed while I was away :o you don't see many of them dug :o because they are the first to be found through the sheer size of them, I bet that field has never seen a detector before :o......great find Cru Team :icon_thumleft:

SS

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Searcher said:
:o :o

One I missed while I was away :o you don't see many of them dug :o because they are the first to be found through the sheer size of them, I bet that field has never seen a detector before :o......great find Cru Team :icon_thumleft:

SS

The shear size of the field would have put most off, its massive, hard to know where to go. It has no crop marks, miles from anyway, no obvious tracks or footpaths. It really is the last place to try, nothing really going for it, often the way though. Bad field, random amazing find :laughing7:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
Tell us, in your last message you mentioned what a half-groot would buy and be worth, what about a half-crown? (is a crown a half pound?)
I think a Crown is a 1/4 of a pound. I will pass on your wishes :thumbsup: I hope to hunt with you some day in the future, it was a blast & you make me look slow :laughing9:
Thanks, they sure had many types of coins back then. I can remember going to London several times and really not knowing what coin to use in the pubs when I had to pay. Just like other countries where you don't know the coins you pay with paper money, that easy. But then you have more coins and have to try to get rid of them before you leave the country. It sure is easier with the decimal system, and the Euro is great for traveling through most of Europe, and is accepted by many non EU countries.

Yes those were neat hunts. Going down the first stretch with us 4 -side by side-, I can remember being so far ahead of you guys that I doubled back once. Shaun was very slow, I thought something was wrong with his detector (maybe was to see how much more he is finding now). Didn't know he was (then) just a rookie back then. It was great fun on that field and the finds were great. Have tried to find some place here in Holland after that for you and Shaun, but no luck. Places dried up and really (see my finds) there are not too many good fields in North Holland (BioProf just gave up on North Holland, won't search here anymore). The area where he is searching now, and more southern areas are much better, but they are way to far for me to try to find a place there, at least at this moment. Maybe Bio could find something for us 4? (Bio, are you there?).

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow , I'm late to the party on this one - Great find Cru-dad ! Argentium.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

WOODY50 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
Thanks, they sure had many types of coins back then. I can remember going to London several times and really not knowing what coin to use in the pubs when I had to pay. Just like other countries where you don't know the coins you pay with paper money, that easy. But then you have more coins and have to try to get rid of them before you leave the country. It sure is easier with the decimal system, and the Euro is great for traveling through most of Europe, and is accepted by many non EU countries.

Yes those were neat hunts. Going down the first stretch with us 4 -side by side-, I can remember being so far ahead of you guys that I doubled back once. Shaun was very slow, I thought something was wrong with his detector (maybe was to see how much more he is finding now). Didn't know he was (then) just a rookie back then. It was great fun on that field and the finds were great. Have tried to find some place here in Holland after that for you and Shaun, but no luck. Places dried up and really (see my finds) there are not too many good fields in North Holland (BioProf just gave up on North Holland, won't search here anymore). The area where he is searching now, and more southern areas are much better, but they are way to far for me to try to find a place there, at least at this moment. Maybe Bio could find something for us 4? (Bio, are you there?).

There was something wrong with my detector Woody....it was crap :laughing9:

Also, I think I was using a garden trowel to dig with :-[ :laughing7:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
Nice to hear from you Shaun...
Aha, now the truth comes out of your secret way of detecting. I had really thought you were detecting with a Heathkit detector from 1971 and just using a spoon!!! ;D ;D

Getting out much in this hot weather Shaun, finding anything? Hows the work situation?

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

WOODY50 said:
shaun7 said:
Aha, now the truth comes out of your secret way of detecting. I had really thought you were detecting with a Heathkit detector from 1971 and just using a spoon!!! ;D ;D

Getting out much in this hot weather Shaun, finding anything? Hows the work situation?

I might as well have been :laughing7:

Haven't been out in ages....only another week or so though ;D

Work is getting better thanks Woody. After this week I have had 2 full weeks in a row!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7 said:
WOODY50 said:
shaun7 said:

Sounds better. I would invite you to find some work here in Holland although the building vacations start soon for 6 weeks or so, and maybe there is not so much work here, but maybe more than there. But its also not easy away from your family.....

Hope you get out soon, want to see some finds from you. I will be taking my wife to her brother tomorrow to Friesland (north part of Holland) and will search there, they are making some ground movements for parks and such, I hope I can find something...

Earl

I might as well have been :laughing7:

Haven't been out in ages....only another week or so though ;D

Work is getting better thanks Woody. After this week I have had 2 full weeks in a row!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used

Cheers Woody, good luck tomorrow :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread