Cruise hunting

Ron Brown

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2004
Elliot Lake, Ontario,
Detector(s) used
E-trac, 6000 pro xl, Original Sov,
I went on a cruise last year and had no problem detecting the public beaches in the Cayman Islands, Bahamas and Mexico. I have also detected in the Mayan Riviera at Playa del Carmen ( Mexico again). St. Martin and the Dominican are good to go also. You might want to pose your question on the surf and sand forum, lot's of beach hunters there.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
As of last December you should be good to go in the DR as well as Peurto Rico,not sure about the Virgin Islands but Im pretty sure you would be fine. I would break down your detector and carry it on the plane. I put my shafts in the checked luggage and carried on the box and coils. The airlines wont insure any electronics. You may want to leave batteries in the box,I read that some people may want you to turn it on,though noone ever has me...Shoot

clad

Greenie
Jun 12, 2007
cross lanes wv
Detector(s) used
whites mxt and bounty hunter 202
we went on a carribean cruise last year and i took my detector on a excursion and found several things.i called the cruiselines main office to ask if it would be o.k. to bring it onboard and they said yes-but if i find anything on the ship it belongs to the cruiseline.she thought i was going to use it onboard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread