Just lanched a new museum web site. Opinions please.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
pretty cool site! is that confederate uniform a repro or authentic? if i am ever down that way i will try to visit the museum. :)

OP
OP
dg39

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Authentic repo of the butternut colored uniform. The only thing not correct are the button holes that were machine sewn.
Thanks!
DG

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
DG,

good site.

Have not been down that way in years.

Do have a question that came up as I visited
your site.

Alexandrea; where could I get of list of who the Mayor
was of that city from about 1958 -1967?
Any help appreciated.

have a good un........

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a well-constructed and interesting web-site. I enjoy History. Good Luck !

Huntin' 59er

P

Pistol_Pete

Beware of what you ask for.

With a museum what you want is visitors and your website should be a sign ,and like any sign it is never the final destination. I noticed that in your exhibits page there are pictures and descriptions of actual exhibits. This leads me to believe that what you are showing me is the meat and potatoes, so why would I come in to investigate. People like to be teased with what is to come, which is why my wife's nightie is much sexier than her birthday suit. If your exhibits carry a theme such as WWII or Civil War you might post the same picture with the theme rather than a full description. For example

WWII
Many of Louisiana's finest fought and died for freedom, in the worlds second great war. The Louisiana History Museum has over 65 pieces of WWII history on display (Then show the picture of your poster)

You might also consider duplicating a few exhibit themes on your homepage linking them to the exhibit page, and change them often.
Overall your site attractive and navigation is easy and straightforward. I would love to woo you with sweet nothings, but I myself would rather play golf with a coach not a fan. Happy New year sir

OP
OP
dg39

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you see in the website is just the tip of a very large iceberg. A normal tour take about an hour and a half.
I just displayed a few crumbs in the web site. The meat and potatoes are on display at the museum. Also , the Alexandria area was the center of training for a large percent of the soldiers who fought in WW-2. We have a detailed display of that, plus much, much more! I have been told I have a world class 36 hole golf course. No green fees or membership..Come play.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread