Crystal White Soap Token

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought it was a dog tag at first glance....but a nice aluminum octagonal token instead. Searched the area before, numerous times, guessing I should keep looking.
IMG_20231004_201231.jpg

IMG_20231004_201239.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Token.

I think you can put a fairly precise date to that one. The Palmolive-Peet Company was formed after a merger with Peet Brothers in 1926 and only operated under that name until 1928 when they were acquired by Colgate to become the Colgate-Palmolive-Peet Company.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice one !

I've found a few of them - it's entirely up to you but ...
I cleaned mine in a Electrolysis Bath then buffed them with Extra Fine Steel Wool - they look real nice.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Token.

I think you can put a fairly precise date to that one. The Palmolive-Peet Company was formed after a merger with Peet Brothers in 1926 and only operated under that name until 1928 when they were acquired by Colgate to become the Colgate-Palmolive-Peet Company.
Looks like Red-Coat found the same info. I did when I looked my Tokens up a few years ago.

OP
OP
BLACKIE555

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one !

I've found a few of them - it's entirely up to you but ...
I cleaned mine in a Electrolysis Bath then buffed them with Extra Fine Steel Wool - they look real nice.
I'm not opposed to that....if displayed in its current condition it'd really difficult to read. I've never clipped anything aluminum to my electrodes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread